• 𝘹𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘹 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

TWO DAYS OF RADIO SILENCE IS UNLIKE ELYSE

TWO DAYS OF RADIO SILENCE IS UNLIKE ELYSE. All jokes aside, she knows how to keep in touch, especially after everything that happened between her family. She knows to stay in touch. But this isn't in touch. I think something happened to her. Something big.
— Poe Dameron

I climb from my X-Wing and hand my helmet to one of the ground's men, nodding. I begin to un-velcro the straps on my wrists, slowly striding away from the craft. A sequence of beeps and whirs just a few feet away grasp my attention. I turn my head and spot my droid, in perfect condition. I exhale sharply and run to him, smiling. I crouch down, placing my hand atop his head.

"BB-8, my buddy." I say, cupping his head with both hands now. "God, I've missed you."

He beeps quickly, almost so fast that I can barely understand him. I shake my head, raising my eyebrows.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down. How did you even get to Tokodana?" I ask. "I mean, I'm sure as Hell proud of you, but that was a definitively unexpected call."

He beeps again and I furrow my brows, unsure I heard him correctly. Say it again?

"Finn saved you?" I ask, an eyebrow raised. "Did I hear that correctly?"

He beeps again and nods quickly. I shake my head, smiling.

"Where is he?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He spins 90° and wobbles slightly as he adjusts his balance. I follow his head and spot Finn about ten yards away. I stand, smiling at him.

"Oh no," I chuckle out.

He raises his eyebrows and shakes his head.

"Poe Dameron, you're alive?" He asks.

I smile, nodding as I run at him. We hug, smiling at one another.

"Buddy! So are you!" I exclaim.

"What happened to you?" He asks, shaking his head.

"I got thrown from the crash. Woke up at night, no you, no ship, nothing." I say. "BB-8 says you saved him."

He shakes his head, furrowing his brows.

"No, no, it wasn't just me." He says.

I smile, pointing my finger at his chest.

"You completed my mission, Finn. I—" I stop, my eyes grazing over the jacket on his shoulders—my leather jacket. "That's my jacket,"

He raises his brows and reaches to remove it. I stop him, shaking my head.

"No, no, keep it. It suits you." I say, slapping his shoulder with my hand. "You're a good man, Finn."

He places his hand on my shoulder and exhales sharply.