• 𝘹𝘹𝘷 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

POE DISAPPEARED OFF THE MAP, nothing to be seen

POE DISAPPEARED OFF THE MAP, nothing to be seen. I mean, all that went though my mind in that moment was he was dead. But, then, I could still feel his presence. I could still feel that he was there. Can you feel it too?
     — Elyse Organa-Solo

"The bait ship is working," I say.

Snap raises an eyebrow, watching the screen.

"What? How can you tell? We can't even see Poe." He says.

I look back over at him, then point to the screen.

"Poe's ship is right about here." I say, pressing my finger into the screen.

Snap grabs my arm, pulling me away from the screen. He pulls me to a corner of the room, staring down at me. He raises an eyebrow, watching me.

"You weren't training to be a Pilot, were you?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow, looking around.

"What? What are you even saying?" I ask.

He leans in, his eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed.

"You were training with Ben to become a Jedi, weren't you?" He whispers.

My heart plummets again, sitting in the depths of my core.

"Does Poe know?" He asks.

I shake my head. He nods.

"Good, keep it that way. He fought hard for you to get into this program. Don't let him down." He says.

I nod. He presses a finger to his lips, shushing me.

"I won't tell him until you do. That's your secret." He says.

I nod, exhaling sharply with relief.

"Thank you, Lieutenant." I say.

He nods. We return back to the screen, watching for Poe.

"Come on," Snap says anxiously. "Give is any sign that you're alive, Poe."

Suddenly, one of the three red dots on the screen indicating an enemy aircraft disappears, followed by a loud crash outside as it hits the neighboring body of water. A loud roar soars over the hangar, causing Snap to exhale quickly.

"Thank God, you're alive." He says, looking over at me. "That's Poe's signature move. We almost called him Fly-by instead of Kasper."

I smile. The radio static sparks to life, crackling and popping.

"Poe?" I ask, leaning to the intercom. "Captain Dameron, are you there?"

The static crackles loudly, followed by a few broken words.

"Hello, yup, I'm still here."

Snap claps his hands together above his head, laughing.

"Damn you, you son of a Bitch, you nearly killed me!" Snap exclaims.

"Sending another craft your way, Poe," Peter says.

Peter flies toward the blank opening of the map, baiting one of the craft to Poe. He flies off, keeping the last one occupied.

"Peter, can you finish off that last one on your own?" Snap asks.

"Copy, tower. We can finish these two off quickly." Peter replies.

I watch the red dot that chases the blank void, and watching another one that chases Peter's X-Wing.

"Do you think he's hurt?" I whisper quietly, staring at the screen.

Snap raises an eyebrow.

"Who, Poe?" He asks. "Probably, but he'll pull through. He always does."

I chew on my lip, watching the screen ever so closely. A loud thunderous crash booms above the Hangar. I stare back up at the screen, spotting that Peter's X-Wing is still reporting his location, and both remaining TIE-Fighters are moving. I look at Snap, then raise my eyebrows.

"Get our there, now. I'll call the medical teams and fire squadrons." He says.

I nod. I run towards the large bay door, pushing my way through groups of soldiers. A large plume of black smoke trails behind a half destroyed X-Wing. My mind trails to Poe, then to BB-8. If Poe isn't dead, then BB-8 probably is. I close my eyes, searching for his warm presence, unsure of it's current state. The TIE-Fighter that chases Poe flies over the tarmac, just above me, straight towards him. I spin around.

"We need Artillery our here now! Your soldiers are under attack. You need to help save your people!" I exclaim.

A large group of ground soldiers spring to the artillery.

"That TIE is too close to Captain Dameron, if we fire, we risk hitting him too." One man says.

I groan, staring up at Poe intently.

"What the Hell are you waiting for, a better target?" I shout, waving my arms. "Shoot the damn thing before he kills you!"

Almost as if he can hear me, the TIE-Fighter bursts into flames, crashing down in a pile of fire on the Tarmac. The wobbly X-Wing flies to the Tarmac, landing nearby. I sprint in that direction.

"BB-8, are you alright?" I shout, pulling the ladder down to climb up and see Poe.

BB-8 beeps with hesitancy. I pull the emergency lever, lifting the glass cover of the X-Wing. Poe leans back in his seat, a large smile plastered on his face.

"Now why the Hell are you looking at me like that?" I ask, placing a hand on my hip.

His smile grows even wider, his peach lips not even trying to conceal is perfect white grin.

"You were worried about me," He says. "You were scared I was dead."

I smack his shoulder, then grab him by the vest.

"Don't go off and worry me like that anymore, you damned idiot. Snap was more worried than I was." I say.

He smirks, nodding twice.

"Yes, yes, of course Snap was more worried than you were." He says.

I help him down the ladder. He walks inside, approaching a med-team.

"Poe, what are you doing?" I ask.

He raises an eyebrow, pointing at the gurney that awaits him.

"I was gonna go see Marlene and Piper." He says.

I groan out, staring him down.

"Poe, as much as you want to deny it, you have to, at some point, accept the fact that I am a licensed Doctor who knows how to take care of people." I say. "To think that you won't even let me take care of you when I know what I'm doing."

He approaches me again.

"How about you fix me up over that talk in my apartment. You're very stressed right now. I would hate to leave you all tensed up like this." He says.

I exhale sharply, nodding.

"Thank you. Let's go." I say.