• 𝘹𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

ELYSE BORE HER HEART AND SOUL OUT TO ME IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN THE HANGAR, with little regard to who heard the truth

ELYSE BORE HER HEART AND SOUL OUT TO ME IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN THE HANGAR, with little regard to who heard the truth. Elyse is my best friend, but much more than a friend at the same time. Of course, Snap is my friend I've known the longest, but Elyse grew to be my friend in her most desperate hour and didn't care if I saw her cry or not. She's more than a friend. And I am undeserving of her.
— Poe Dameron

The man's restricted breathing fills my ears as he looks at me. He reaches into his pocket. He reaches in with an empty hand and when he removes his hand, a small leather bag sits in his palm. I cock an eyebrow. He reaches forward, placing the bag in my hand. He squeezes my hand shut tightly, shaking it slightly. Within this bag is the map that leads to Luke Skywalker—our only hope at defeating The First Order. Once we find him, we save the Resistance. We restore the balance to the force. BB-8 is outside, out of sight. He is keeping watch in case The First Order finds us... For Elyse. We sit in the small village of Tuanul on Jakku, a sacred village on the outskirts of the Kelvin Revine.

"This will begin to make things right. " Lor San Tekka says firmly. " I've traveled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the force."

I nod, looking down at the bag. It is hard to believe that Leia trusts me enough with the fate of the balance of the Force. If I wanted to, I could turn now. Run to The First Order. Deliver this to them. Good thing I don't want to do that.

"And now, because of you, we have a chance. The General has been after this for a long time." I say.

He smiles. He chuckles, nodding at my statement about General Organa.

"Oh, the General? To me, she is royalty." He says.

I smile, nodding.

"Oh, she certainly is that." I say. "I'll send her your regards."

He chuckles. The slats of the small hut slam together and BB-8 enters frantically. He speaks so fast I can barely understand him... But then it hits me. Lor San Tekka, BB-8, and I all exit the hut. I pull up my binoculars and confirm it. He's telling the truth. I can see multiple ships landing on the outskirts of the village. Stormtrooper carriers. Elyse was right. Ben's come for me.

"We've got company." I spin around on my heels, staring at San Tekka.

He's in grave danger now that he's given away the map. This map is very important to both sides. The Resistance wants it so they may be able to save the Force. To save Leia's brother. The First Order, however, wants it to kill Luke. If he's gone, there is no one to train the new generation of Jedi. And with no one to train the Jedi, the Jedi fall. And so with them does the Resistance.