• 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

MY INITIATES BARELY EVEN TRUST ME

MY INITIATES BARELY EVEN TRUST ME... It's like I'm someone from the opposing side when I talk to them. Like they don't know me. They don't know me but they should trust me anyways. I'm their only shot at surviving training. Tell me... What can I do to gain their trust? What would Mom do?
— Poe Dameron

"Initiates, tonight you prove to me that we trust one another. Tonight, in a group activity, we prove just how much we trust one another. I will rely on your skills and you will rely on mine to finish the activity." I say, looking down at BB-8, an eyebrow raised. "Well? How does it sound? I need to find some way to get these guys to trust me."

BB-8 beeps only discontent, shaking his head slowly, ripping low into his body.

"BB-8, buddy! I've been rehearsing this speech all damn day and now, as I'm about to leave and talk with them, that it's all a load of shit?" I ask. "You could've told me earlier today."

He beeps rapidly, yelling slightly at me for yelling at him. I sigh out sharply, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Well what do you suppose I do?" I ask. "I have to find some way to make them trust me. If I don't, they'll never actually learn."

My watch beeps, meaning I'm late to go and find my initiates. I sigh out again.

"Let's go, buddy. We can brainstorm on our way there." I say.

We exit my apartment, and stroll down the hallway. BB-8 beeps are passerby's a quick hello and goodbye, making me smile. I think as take the five minute walk down through the corridors to find the Dormitories. Once we reach the dorms, I step into the dorms, spotting a clamor at the other end of the room. My heart drops when a loud thud comes from that end of the room, followed by a chorus of laughter.

"Hey!" I shout, running in that direction.

I shove my way into the group, spotting Elyse leaning against her elbow on the floor, wiping her nose, blood dripping down onto her lips.

"Elyse." I say, looking down at her. "Are you alright?"

I offer her a hand, pulling her up onto her feet. She dusts herself off, wiping her nose again.

"I'm fine." She says, squeezing her way out of the group, exiting the dorms.

I look at everyone surrounding me.

"Who did it?" I ask, looking at them.

They're quiet, snickering at each other.

"Who did it? I won't ask again." I say.

They still remain silent. I look at my watch. I approach the door, grabbing the handle.

"Alright, fine. We'll do this the hard way. Anyone still in this room by the time I close the door will face a severe punishment." I say. "You have three seconds."