• 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

SO, in a span of less than one month from my Graduation, I've gone on my own solo mission, earned three medals from Han himself, been promoted to Lieutenant—and then to Captain—and been assigned as the new Aviation instructor in Han's absence

SO, in a span of less than one month from my Graduation, I've gone on my own solo mission, earned three medals from Han himself, been promoted to Lieutenant—and then to Captain—and been assigned as the new Aviation instructor in Han's absence. Leia trusts me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
     — Poe Dameron

"This must be a shock to you all, I imagine. So, to try and warm you guys up to me, go ahead and ask any questions you have. I'm an open book—in moderation." I say, looking around the room at everyone.

A girl with dark skin and bright eyes raises her hand, leaning back against her bunk.

"How do you and the General know each other so well?" She asks. "She treats you as if you're her own son."

I smile, crossing my arms in front of me. Ben. How did Elyse take that? My eyes lift to her. She chews on her lips, watching me.

"She was friends with my Parents before I was born. I met her when I was Eight. She came to my Mother's funeral." I say.

She nods. A boy at the end of the aisle raises his hand, looking up from his boots.

"How long ago did you graduate?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

I think back to the day I left to find Elyse. I graduated, left home the next day at 2 am. Found Elyse, stayed on Yavin 4 for two days. Flew home for one day, stayed with Elyse for two days. That all happened two weeks ago.

"Just a little over two weeks ago—crazy, I know." I say.

Elyse raises an eyebrow. I guess in the craziness of it all, I forgot to mention the fact that I had just Graduated from the academy.

"Two weeks ago?" Another boys asks. "You're a fetus in flight! Why the Hell should we take orders from you if you're fresh out of training yourself?"

I drop my smile, biting on my bottom lip. I want to refrain from yelling. I sigh out, squeezing my hands together tightly.

"I get where you're coming from. It's strange to take orders from someone who is maybe only a little older than you. It's like taking orders from a sibling whose only older than you by a year. It's strange, I get that." I say. "But Leia asked me to do this for a reason. She has faith in me because I've proved that I can do this, among other things."

They stare at me, then to their colleagues, whispering. I sigh out sharply, whistling loudly. I grab their attention and the room is quiet enough that you could hear a pin drop.

"Look, I'm just not even gonna try to sugar coat things. If you're going to have trouble addressing me as your Captain for the next 14 weeks, I suggest you pack your things and leave now before I take the time to learn your name. So, now, I'm giving you an out. If you're having any doubt in my training abilities, you can leave now and I won't be offended." I say, allowing any initiate to leave if they'd like.