• 𝘹𝘹𝘹𝘷𝘪 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

DAD COULD BARELY FUNCTION WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT POE'S DEATH

DAD COULD BARELY FUNCTION WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT POE'S DEATH. It was like Ben had turned again. Poe was essentially a friend, son, brother, colleague, and everything else in between. Dad trained Poe, raised him to be the pilot he was before his death. Although, a piece of Dad still believes Poe is out there. When this is all over, I have to get back to Jakku and finish my search for Poe. He deserves it.
      — Elyse Organa-Solo

Maz sits beside my father, arms crossed, looking around the table at each of us. BB-8 sits beside my leg, tucked up to the curve in my boot.

"I sense you're here for something urgent, Han. Let's get to it, then." She says.

I lean down and place my hand atop BB-8's head, avoiding his antenna.

"Go on, Buddy." I say quietly, nodding to him. "Show Maz what you've got."

He beeps in compliance and rolls towards her, sitting at her feet. He beeps up at her quietly and she looks at my father, eyes narrowed.

"A map—to Skywalker himself?" She asks, receiving a beep of affirmation from the spherical droid. "You're right back in the mess."

She smiles at my father and tilts her head.

"Maz, I need you to get Elyse, the Droid, and Big-Deal over here back to the Leia. On a clean ship." My father says.

Maz furrows her brows and shakes her head.

"No," She says simply. "You've been avoiding this fight for too long. Han, go home."

"Leia doesn't want to see me," My father says, sure of his response.

All mom wants is to see you, Dad. Please, come home.

"Please," Finn says. "We came here for your help."

She nods, exhaling sharply.

"This fight—the fight between and light and dark, between good and evil? It's taken a new form—The First Order and The Resistance. We must rise up and face our enemy. Fight them." Maz says.

Finn nearly leaps across the table, standing, slamming his hands into the stone slab.

"There is no fight against The First Order, not one that we can win." He says sharply. "Look around—there is no chance we haven't already been recognized. I'm betting the First Order is already on their way now..."

His eyes trail to Maz. She reaches up and adjusts her goggles, magnifying her view on the dark-skinned man beside me. His skin glistens with sweat, a nervous, cold sweat. He purses his lips together and his eyes trail to my father.

"Solo?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, his eyes landing on Maz again. "What is she doing?"

Maz begins to climb onto the table, approaching Finn. She's careless as she knocks supplies off of the table onto the ground, clanging as they land beside my feet and surround BB-8.

"I don't know," My father says. "But it ain't good."

"If you live long enough, you see the same eyes in different people. I'm looking at the eyes of a man who wants to run." Maz says, staring deeply into Finn's eyes.

Finn furrows his brows and his expression grows dangerously serious. He leans forward, facing her, parting his lips.

"You don't know a thing about me. Where I'm from, what I've seen. You don't know the first order like I do." He says. "They'll slaughter is. We all need to run."

Maz returns to her seat and furrows her brows, tilting her head as she stares at the dark-skinned man.

"You see those two?" Maz asks, pointing at two species sitting at a table near the front door. "They'll trade work for transportation to the outer rim. There, you can disappear."

I furrow my brows, exhaling sharply at him.

"Finn," I state, watching him carefully.

He stands, offering the rifle back to my father. My father shakes his head and pats Finn's shoulder. I stand, walking after him. He approaches the two species and begins to talk with them.

"What are you doing?" I ask, an eyebrow raised.

He stands, exhaling sharply.

"You can't just go. I won't let you." I say, crossing my arms.

"I'm not who you think I am," He says, exhaling sharply again.

I shake my head, narrowing my eyes.

"Finn, what are you talking about?" I ask.

"I'm not Resistance." He says bluntly. "I'm not a hero. I'm a Stormtrooper. Like all of them, I was taken from a family I'll never know and raised to do one thing. But in my first battle, I made a choice—I wasn't going to kill for them. So I ran... right into you. And you looked at me like no one ever had. I was ashamed of what I was. But I am done with the First Order—I'm never going back. Elyse, come with me. Let's escape to the Outer rims."

I shake my head, exhaling sharply.

"We have to finish Poe's mission. He died trying to secure that map. We owe it to him..." I say, furrowing my brows. "Don't go."

His expression softens and he takes my hand, shaking it.

"Take care of yourself, Elyse. Please." He says.

He releases my hand and turns away from me. He walks away and exits the bar with the two mercenaries from before, disappearing beyond my sight. I exhale and look down at my boots.

"Elyse," A voice says, faint, like a whisper. "Come with me."

I spin around quickly, searching for the owner. It sounded so familiar.

"Elyse," It repeats.

I spot a stairwell leading into the basement of the castle, enticing me to go down and explore it.

"Elyse," It calls to me, almost like a hug.