• 𝘹𝘪𝘪𝘪 - 𝘱𝘰𝘦

• p

• p. dameron •

I NEVER EXPECTED TO RECEIVE MY MISSION ORDERS SO SOON AFTER GRADUATION. In fact, it was less than twenty-four hours after Graduation. And it was something serious. Something that affected the General, Sergeant Solo, Piper, Marlene, etc. Wish me luck, Dad.
— Poe Dameron

"Your mission is very serious, Poe. This mission could affect everything from here on out." Han says.

I raise an eyebrow. What happened? Piper holds Marlene in her arms, both crying as they do so.

"What happened? What is my mission?" I ask, shaking my head.

Leia approaches me, taking my hands. She squeezes them tightly, sighing out sharply.

"There's a girl in danger. She sent us a distress signal. She's on Yavin 4. She needs your help, Poe." She says.

I nod, reciprocating the squeezing of hands back to her.

"I will help her. I promise. What's her name?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

She sighs, shaking her head as she smiles. Does she know this person?

"Elyse." She says. "You'll know her when you see her."

I nod. I look down at BB-8, then Back up at General Organa.

"This is my BB-Unit droid, BB-8. I got him as you requested." I say.

She crouches down and smooths her hand over his head.

"Hello, BB-8. You're a very cute droid. Lieutenant Dameron here is very lucky to have you." She says.

He beeps in agreement, causing her to laugh. She looks like she needed ghat right now.

"Han will send you off. The plan is this—go to Yavin 4, get her back, bring her back here." She says. "Good luck, Poe. I know you can do this."

I smile, nodding at her. I walk over to Marlene and Piper.

"Whatever has happened and however it's affecting the both of you, I'm sorry. I know this will all be okay soon." I say.

Marlene takes my hand and smiles up at me, wiping her cheeks.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. You really are the best pilot in the Resistance." She says.

I smile, nodding at her. I walk away with Han towards the Hangar.

"Who is Elyse?" I ask as we walk, trying to avoid the awkward and tense silence that floats between us.

"It's as Leia said. You'll know her when you see her." He says. "She's a crazy fun girl with the most amazing personality. She's just like you."

I nod, sighing out sharply. The Hangar doors open and a crew is cleaning up a newer model X-Wing.

"She's going to ask you your name. Don't tell her your name. First Order intel might be listening in. No matter how stubborn she is, do not tell her your name. Good luck Lieutenant." He says, offering a hand.

I take his hand, shaking it firmly before I climb into the craft.

"Thank you, Sergeant." I reply, sighing again with nerves.

I climb into the air craft, pulling on my helmet. The crew loads BB-8 into the droid holster of the ship.

"This is Lieutenant Dameron preparing for take off, am I cleared to go?" I ask, awaiting the go from the bridge.

"Lieutenant Dameron, you are cleared to go. Good luck, sir." They say.

I power on the air craft and fly out of the hangar, into the dark atmosphere.

"Get ready for a long ride, buddy. We're gonna be out here for a while." I say.

* * * * *

I lean against the hand, yawning for what feels like the fiftieth time in the past hour. BB-8 beeps and I lift my head.

"What, buddy? What is it? Is it the First Order?" I ask, sitting up quickly.

It's not. I look ahead, spotting Yavin 4. I spot the lush green planet from here, sighing out.

"Home." I whisper, receiving a confused sequence of chirps from BB-8. "I grew up here. This is where I'm from."

I type in the exact coordinates that Leia gave me, flying to her location. I land about a kilometer away, touching down on the planet. It's windy today.

"I'm going to leave you here with the ship until I find her. I'll be back, don't worry." I say.

I remove my helmet and climb out of the ship. I turn the safety on my blaster off, keeping my hand on my hip at all times. I listen to my navigation system beeping as I get closer to the coordinates. I walk for maybe ten minutes, taking in my surroundings as I do so. I walk slowly, spotting a speeder tipped over. I walk closer and the beeping becomes rapid.

"Elyse?" I shout, trying to find her. "Elyse, are you here?"

I walk around the speeder, gasping quietly when something hits my leg, causing me to freeze.

"Stay right there." A voice below me says, causing me to look down.