• 𝘹𝘪𝘷 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

TODAY IS A DAY I NEVER WANT TO REMEMBER

TODAY IS A DAY I NEVER WANT TO REMEMBER. If I could, I would permanently erase today from my memory. But, people say we learn from the past. I'd prefer to never remember this ever again.
     — Elyse Organa-Solo

"Ben, wait!" Uncle Luke shouts from one of the neighboring hutches.

I lift my head from my journal, looking at my Hutch mate. Her eyes grow wide. I drop my journal onto my bed, and stand.

"Ben, no!" Uncle Luke screams from across the path.

I sprint out of my hutch, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Uncle Luke? Ben?" I ask, gasping when I see Ben's hutch reduced to rubble. "Ben!"

I sprint towards the Hutch, dropping to my knees, pulling at the bricks of the building.

"Ben? Ben, please, answer me!" I scream, searching for him.

A hand shoots out of the rubble, reaching up towards the sky. Uncle Luke.

"Uncle Luke! Are you alright? Where's Ben?" I ask, taking his hand.

He doesn't answer. The noise of a saber opening behind me startles me. I spin around, spotting Ben cutting his Hutch mate, Nathan's, throat. After Nathan, he approaches my Hutch mate, Sari, stabbing her in the stomach with his Saber. She screams out a gut wrenching scream.

"Ben, no!" I scream, covering my mouth. "What are you doing?"

He turns, removing his saber from Sari's limp, lifeless body. He approaches me, his eyes dark and cold.

"No... You've turned. You did it." I say quietly, backing away from him. "No, please, Ben. Don't do this."

He raises his Saber to my stomach, grazing the flame against my skin. I groan out, the ache of the graze causing me to double over in pain. He raises his hand, creating a fist, squeezing it. My throat feels tight, closing up. He's choking me.

"Ben! Stop... Stop!" I choke out, incapable of filling my lungs anymore.

He continues to choke me. Black spots decorate the edges of my field of vision, starting to fill my eyes. He drops me, allowing me to breathe again. I gasp for air, coughing as I do so. Other students of Uncle Luke's, the ones that Ben didn't kill, run away with him.

"Ben, Wait, please! Don't go!" I scream as he runs.

I spot Uncle Luke's speeder, climbing onto it. He'll understand. I start it, flying quickly to try and catch up with Ben.