• 𝘹𝘹𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

FINN WASN'T WITH WITH RESITANCE—IN FACT, it was the exact opposite

FINN WASN'T WITH WITH RESITANCE—IN FACT, it was the exact opposite. He was a former Stormtrooper gone AWOL in the midst of one of the biggest battles in history. Needless to say, he was a traitor to the First Order, and he lied to me, although a part of me knew something was off about him. I just wish he would've stuck around to help finish Poe's mission. We owe it to Poe to complete that task for him.
      — Elyse Organa-Solo

"Elyse," The voice calls to me, warm and gentle like a hug, almost.

I peer down the staircase, spotting nothing but a dark basement. Is someone down there? I narrow my eyes and exhale sharply before stepping down onto the first step of the staircase.

"Ben?" I ask, questioning the voice I'm hearing.

It sounds like a mixture of a few different voices. Voices of the people I love. Voices of the most important people in my life. I spin back and look at BB-8, an eyebrow raised.

"Stay here," I say. "I'll be back in a minute."

He shakes his head and beeps at me sternly. I nod and exhale. I slowly descend down the stair case, listening for the voice again.

"Come with me," The voice echoes up the staircase towards me.

I look at BB-8 and furrow my brows. He drops down onto one step with a heavy metallic thud, following me down the stairs. I step off of the last step, ignoring the repeated metallic thud of BB-8 hitting every step as he follows. The basement is dark, a cellar where Maz stores extra food and drinks.

"Please, Elyse," The voice calls.

Who is down here, calling to me? I approach a metal door at the end of the hall, raising an eyebrow. The voice is loudest here. I look at BB-8 and part my lips momentarily. The door hisses and the airlock opens, grasping my attention. I flinch, backing away. The door opens, exposing a dark storage room, mostly empty except for a few barrels of food and extra glasses. A wooden box entices me, grasping my full attention. I step inside, kneeling before the box. BB-8 rolls to the door and sits in the doorway, watching me. I reach for the latch on the box and unhook it, lifting the lid slowly. The old metal hinge groans as its moved, but opens entirely, revealing the interior of the box. A silver handled lightsaber sits on a cloth, hidden away in the bottom of the box--Uncle Luke's lightsaber turned mine in training. My Mother sent it away upon my request to try and forget my past. Why did she send it here? I reach down, grabbing hold of the handle. The lights shut off and the sound of another lightsaber opening startles me. I release the saber and slam the lid of the box shut. I stand, spinning around. I stand in a dark hallway, lights flickering. It's a First Order ship. I begin to run, my feet slamming against the tile as i run. The hall tips, slamming me into the wall. I roll and find myself laying in a pile of dirt. I lift my head and exhale sharply.

"Ben, no!" Uncle Luke's scream haunts me.

Luke crouches beside R2-D2, how astromech droid, placing his hand atop his semi-spherical head. The repetitious sound of a lightsaber opening behind me starles adn i roll over onto my back. Ben stands before me, lightsaber open, slicing through the body of an old man in the center of a village. Blood spills from the man's mouth, splattering onto my face. I stand, the rain now pouring down over me. My skin is wet and cold as the goosebumps begin to rise up. Ben stands before a group of knights, back to me.

"Ben?" I ask, my voice echoing back and forth through the void.

Bodies litter the ground, all killed by Ben and his knights. Ben spins around quickly, facing me, his face hidden away behind his mask, although I know it's him. He begins to approach me, making me back away. I stumble over one of the wet, cold bodies on the ground and fall onto my bottom. A voice behind me startles me. I climb to my feet and Ben is gone. Now, I stand in the bridge of the First Order's Star Destroyer.

"Nice shot," A voice quietly says over an intercom beside me.

"FN-2187 failed to report to my devision. He was last seen in prison block D." A female stormtrooper clad in silver says. "I believe he may be the soldier behind the escape of the prisoner.

"They're going back for the droid," General Hux says.

"Tell me what you see, my right, your left." The voice over the intercom says.

I narrow my eyes and stare at the computer beside me.

"Poe?" I ask.

I spin around, now standing on the tarmac of the Resistance Base. Poe crouches before an Orange and White Spherical droid, nodding.

"Poe!" I exclaim.

I step forward and the ground beneath my feat crumbles. Snow collects in my hair and I begin to tremble.

"Elyse?" A voice asks, calling to me.

I weave my way through dozens of overgrown trees, ducking under low-hanging branches. Suddenly, the heat of a lightsaber reaches my skin, burning my stomach in the same place as before. I back away, colliding with branches as I try to run from him. He runs at me, raising his saber. I stumble over a large root from one of the trees and fall back onto my bottom, landing back in the hallway of Maz's cellar.

"These are your first steps," A kind voice says to me, fading into the distance.

The sting of the saber against my skin is gone and so too the cold water from the rain, but I shiver against the stone slab beneath me. I turn my head, spotting Maz. I tremble, shaking my head.

"What was that?" I ask, my voice breaking as I speak.

I climb to my feet, glancing at BB-8 momentarily,

"I shouldn't have gone in there." I say.

Maz exhales and approaches me.

"That lightsaber was your Uncle Luke's before he gave it to you. But it was Luke's father's before it was his. But now, it calls back to you." She says.

I shake my head, pursing my lips together tightly.

"I can't," I say weakly. "I have to get back to Jakku. I have to find someone."

Maz nods and exhales sharply, taking my face in her hands.

"Han told me about Poe," She says quietly. "And I can see it in your eyes. Dear girl, whatever you might have thought you would find on Jakku, you now know the truth. He isn't coming back."

Tears drip from my eyes, trailing down my cheeks. I exhale sharply through my nose and shake my head.

"But, there's someone who still could." She says softly, taking my hands in her own.

My lip quivers beneath my teeth.

"Uncle Luke," I say softly.

She nods, looking back and forth at my eyes.

"The belonging you seek is not behind you. It is ahead." She says. "The saber, take it."

I stand quickly, pulling my hands back from her.

"I'm never touching that thing again. I left it behind for a reason. I don't want any part of this." I say, brushing past her.