• 𝘹𝘭𝘪𝘷 - 𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘦

MY FATHER IS GONE

MY FATHER IS GONE. Ben is gone. Poe is gone. My whole life is falling apart. All I want is to be normal again. I want my family back. I want my friends back. I don't even know if I will make it off of this planet alive, but if I do, I don't know what I'll do from there.
— Elyse Organa-Solo

I open my eyes, waking in the snow. My head throbs, sounds warbling in and out. I suddenly hear Finn screaming. I open my eyes and turn to look at him. He's holding my Uncle Luke's saber, passed on to me. He's pinned against a tree, one of the prongs of Ben's saber pressed into his shoulder. Ben releases him, swinging his saber quickly. Finn ducks and runs, swinging his saber quickly. His saber collides with Ben's shoulder, causing Ben to collapse momentarily. He turns, using his Saber to launch the Saber from Finn's hands into the air, crashing into the snow as it shuts off. He punches Finn, spinning him around, then slashes his saber up Finn's back. Finn hollers out in pain as he collapses to the ground. He's unconscious. I climb to my feet, reaching through the air for the saber. I have to stop Ben. Ben reaches for it, using the force as well. I can see the saber trembling in the snow, slowly prepping to move. I close my eyes, slowing my mind. I can see Poe's face, his beautiful smile. The scar in his eyebrow.

'Hi Princess.' He said softly, his voice quiet in the apartment.

I can feel his hand holding my own. I can feel his lips touching to my forehead. I can smell him. I can feel the warmth from his skin. My chest aches as my thoughts continue to wander to him. I open my eyes, focusing even harder. The saber launches into the air, zipping past Ben and into my hand. I'm in shock as I look at it in my hand. I promised I would never touch this again. I will fix everything for my father, my mother, Marlene, Piper, Finn, Poe, and Ben. I get into a proper stance and activate my saber. I charge at Ben, rushing my saber towards him. I am fairly rusty with my fighting skills, I'll have to fight for my life. Ben swings at me, causing me to duck. The heat warms the back of my neck as I bend down. I swing at him, slicing the tree where he once stood. It topples to the ground in a steaming heap. I run after him, our sabers colliding with a spark. The heat radiates to my skin from the collision. We run through the snow, the bitter cold biting at my skin. Snow collects in my hair, blowing into my eyes. The ground rumbles and splits apart behind me into a chasm. I throw up my saber to shield myself, Ben slamming his saber against my own. I yelp in fright, standing at the edge of the chasm, nearly falling in.

"You need a teacher, little sister." Ben says, glaring at me. "I can guide you in the ways of the force. You just have to trust me."

I shake my head, closing my eyes. Poe. His hand cups my cheek, his thumb tracing my jaw, his fingers tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 'You can do this, Elyse.' He says softly. I open my eyes, furrowing my brows.

"I will never follow you, Ben." I state, pushing him back.

I swing repeatedly, pushing him back, further away from the chasm. I drive my swings harder, further, faster. He is quick, keeping me at bay. I swing in one direction, switching at the last possible second. My saber collides with his cape, gracing the side of his knee. The piece of his robe falls to the ground, smoldering. He weakly pulls himself back up to his feet. I swing again, his hand catching me by the wrist. I grab the holster of his saber, fighting him, pushing his blade into the snow. We struggle, my whole body trembling as I fight him. I rip my wrist free from his grip, swinging my saber down to hit the holster of his saber, swinging up, my blade grazing his face from his left cheek, up across his nose, between his eyebrows, and up into his hairline. My saber collides with his shoulder, shoving him down to the ground. He screams momentarily, lying against the snow, trembling now because of me. I am not the little girl he bullied anymore. I am more. The ground rumbles again, splitting another chasm between us. I deactivate my saber, tuck it into my waistband, and run to find Finn. I find him still unconscious in the snow, weak and limp. Is he gone? Tears well into my eyes, pressing my head against his chest as a sob escapes my lips. This is where it all ends, isn't it? I can suddenly hear the hum of large thrusters, a bright light beaming down upon us. The First Order has found me again. I lift my head, spotting The Falcon. Chewie lands nearby, running to us. He lifts Finn's limp body from the ground, running to the ship. I follow him inside, watching as he lays him on a bed. I lean down and check for a pulse. it is weak, but it is there. I breathe out a sigh of relief. I approach the cockpit, helping Chewie fly us off the base. The planet erupts in flames, folding in on itself. Pieces shoot into the air, causing us to weave to avoid it. We pull into the dark void of space, launching into lightspeed to travel back to the resistance base. The flight feels like it takes mere seconds to arrive, while also feeling like days of travel. We finally touch down on the tarmac and I immediately run to check on Finn. He's still alive, thank goodness. Chewie lifts him from the bed and we exit the ship. Marlene and Piper are waiting at the base of the ramp for us with a gurney. Chewie lays Finn on it. Marlene grabs hold of me, hugging me tighter than ever before, kissing my cheek before burrowing her head into my shoulder. Piper runs to us, joining in the hug.

"Damn you, Elle." Piper says, whispering her nickname for me.

It's so good to see them and feel their presence. They release me, smiling sadly, heartache apparent.

"I'll find you guys soon." I say.

They nod, tending to Finn now. They wheel him off towards the infirmary. I spot my mother a few feet away. I rush to her, collapsing into her arms, her warm embrace comforting the ache in my chest from losing my Father. I already miss him. I wish I could hear him say one more thing to me. One more goodbye. She smooths her hand over my hair, shushing my quiet sobs. I pull away, her hand now caressing my cheek, wiping my tears away.

"He was always so proud of you." She says. "He will be with you always."