Meet Peter Quill

Near Terra

Me and Yondu could not get that image of the bodies out of our heads. We wondered what those aliens might've done to get killed like that. Anyway, we've got a job to do.

"We're here. And we've got the location."

It was near a hospital. A little boy ran outside and went on his knees, crying.

"He must be really upset." I thought

We shown lights on him and got him into the ship, he was still crying and screaming.

"Let me go! Let me go!"

"Calm down kid. We're not going to eat you. But only if you promise to behave."

"He's just a kid, Yondu."

"I'm just joking."

"Who are you guys?"

"My name's Captain Yondu Udonta. This my second in command, Kraglin, and my third in command, Slade. Welcome aboard the ravangers."

Time Skip

I have to admit, I instantly took a liking to Quill. He was smart, witty, good taste in music (he showed me his Walkman), and, surprisingly and amazingly, he was so skinny that he could fit into places that adults couldn't. Great for thieving. Yondu would never admit it, but he kind of has a soft spot for him also.

One day

Yondu was distraught. I was talking to him about what kind of new weapons and ships that we could invent.

"Hey, Captain? Is something wrong?"

"We can't deliver Quill to Ego."

"What?"

"We can't deliver him to Ego."

"Hey. It's okay to admit you have a soft spot for him. But Ego sent us to do a job. Even if it's against the code."

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?"

Yondu pauses and explains slowly

"Remember those bodies in the caverns we saw?"

"Ugh. Don't remind me. I couldn't eat for a day."

"I recognized them. They looked like the kids that I delivered to Ego."

"Wait a minute! You don't mean to tell me"

"Yeah. We made a horrible mistake delivering those kids to him."

"Oh my goodness. What a monster. How could we have been so blind? So what do we do?"

"We keep him for ourselves. Train him in ravanger ways."

"But sir. The code"

"SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID CODE! YOU THINK I GIVE A GAS WHAT THEY'LL THINK OF ME?! YOU'RE WRONG!YOU'RE SO DEAD WRONG!"

I backed away a bit from his rage.

"Slade. I'm sorry. But we can't let Ego get what he wants. Who knows what he'll do with him?"

"Yes, captain."

"And, Slade?"

"Yes, captain?

"Promise me, that you won't tell anyone, even the boy about this."

I smiled and said

"So you do have a soft spot for him."

"You're dismissed for the day, Slade."

I walked back to my quarters, knowing, for a fact, that I was definitely right.