The Christmas Special

I have to admit. A lot has happened over the years. Zoe and I grew closer through the thick and thin. The good and bad. Whether it's been going through aliens worlds, fighting monsters, running from enemies, starting bar fight, having to save Peter 'cause he's drunk or taking care of baby Groot. And believe me, that little tree has stirred up trouble one too many times. He soon grew up and went from a skinny, lanky teen to a big, bulky lug. We met a space viking named Thor, half the team went to help him forge a weapon, half went to try and stop Thanos from getting another one of the Infinity Stones, Gamora got kidnapped, we met some of the Avengers, fought Thanos and lost again, we found that he killed Gamora, he got another Infinity Stone, some of our friends disappeared, including Zoe, the rest of us, me and Rocket, went to Earth, met other Avengers and made a plan and killed Thanos, made another plan to travel through time, using Ant-Man's van, to get the Infinity Stones to bring everyone back and kill Thanos again, Gamora came back, er past Gamora from before she met us so she doesn't actually remember us, I can tell Peter was sad about that, Thor stayed with us for a short bit, we helped him get in shape, and he battled with us or spent most of his time meditating until we called him. We finally dropped him off and bought Knowhere from the Collector and made it our new home. Zoe and I finally mated for life. It felt good. Life felt good again, and everything felt right with the world. But nothing prepared for what happened, this Christmas. Of course, we weren't really preparing for Christmas because we were still fixing up Knowhere into a proper home. Plus it brought up some memories for me and Kraglin. The first time that Peter introduced us to Christmas, and the last time.

Flashback: All three of us were laughing and decorating a tiny tree with some ornaments we made up. We even wrapped up presents for the other Ravengers. Until...

Yondu: What in the fires of Ogord y'all think you doin'?!

He didn't look to happy.

Peter: Hey, captain. We're just, uh... Have you ever heard of Christmas?

Yondu: What?

Peter: Well, it's a celebration we have once a year on Earth, where everybody gets presents for each other. Me and Kraglin and Blake made this tree and got gifts for everyone.

Yondu picked up one of the gifts in displeasure. As if he was disgusted by the display.

Kraglin: It was Pete's idea.

Yondu: Uh-huh.

I knew he was close to blowing a gasket.

Peter: And this one here's for you.

Yondu: Don't come at me with no dang gifts! What a Ravenger gets, he works for. We ain't about no dang handouts.

Peter: It's more like a sign of appreciation.

Yondu: That sounds more like sentiment, boy! That may be okay for you mushy types on Terra, but out here in the cold rigors of space, it's what'll get you killed! And, you two! You two ought to know better.

He gestured to me and Kraglin.

We felt down immediately. Yondu kicked the tree.

Yondu: Now, get this crap out of here! If it ain't of here by the time I get back, all three of you will be cleaning the latrines for the rest of the dang year.

Kraglin: But that's Gef's favorite job.

Yondu: You talkin' back now, Kraglin?

Kraglin: No.

Blake: Wait, a minute---

Yondu: I don't want one word outta you either, Slade!

He then kicked the tree and threw in on the ground.