Partners

26 years later

Peter and I became pretty good partners with each other. At first I was with him just to keep him out of trouble. And believe me, he got us in a lot of trouble on several occasions. But I know that Yondu has a soft spot for both of us, even if he never shows it. But Quill never believed that. He's the reason we get in trouble. He tends to be what people call "A loose cannon", or a rule breaker.

But this next mission changed our lives forever.

Yondu: I need both of you to go to Morag. In a tomb, there's an item known as the orb. It's an item that the Kree has looking for.

Blake: The Kree? Yondu, we can't just rip off the Kree. They'll be after us. They're a merciless race.

Yondu: Don't worry. After we retrieve it, we'll deliver it to our special buyer on Xandar. But remember, just go there. Wait for us there, and don't rip us off. Don't steal from us, and don't do the job yourselves. Cause if you do, we'll hunt you boys down like dogs.

Blake: But I am kind of a dog. That's kind of hurtful.

Later, on the Milano

Peter: Who does Yondu think he is?

Blake: Don't be too hard on him, Quill.

Peter: Go there and wait for him. As if we can't do good jobs ourselves.

Blake: Well, considering your history---

Peter: Rhetorical.

Blake: Fine.

Then he had that look on his face.

Blake: Don't tell me you're actually planning on ripping him off.

Peter: I'm going to do it.

Blake: Quill. No. Don't do it.

Peter: What do you care?

Blake: If we disobey again, he'll kill us. Or worse, he'll beat us up, or leave us stranded on an inhospitable planet where we'll suffer for the rest of our lives.

Peter: That's worse than death?

Blave: Just follow the captain orders.

Peter: Look, he took me away from my planet. Threatened me, and beat me up. I don't care about what he wants to do with me next.

Blake: And he saved me from being stranded and starvation on an inhospitable planet. I don't wanna go back there again.

Peter: That's different for you. You're a second mate. I'm just a lackey.

Blake: You ever think that Yondu ever cares about you?

Peter: He has never cared about me.

I sighed. Knowing there was probably no way of talking him out of this.

Blake: So we're going against orders, huh?

Peter: Relax. We'll pay Yondu back with the money.

Blake: And if we don't?

Peter: We'll be on the run the rest of our lives.

Blake: That's what worries me. Besides we're already on the run from the Nova Corps. Remember.

Peter: Hey. We'll be two rugged outlaws fighting our way against the world, together.

Blake: That's the second thing that worries me.