Plan out

Rocket: You call that "figured it out"? We're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless?

Quill: Oh, you wanna talk about senseless? How bout trying to save us by blowing us up?

Blake: Yeah. You could've at least come on board?

Rocket: We were only gonna blow you up if they didn't turn you over!

Quill: And how on Earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them a count of five?

Blake: One hour would've been better.

Rocket: We didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan. This is what we get for acting altruistically.

Blake: No, that's what happens when you waste time building weapons out of other people's stuff.

"I am Groot."

Rocket: They are ungrateful.

Gamora: What's important now is that we get the Ravengers' army to help us save Xandar.

Rocket: So we can give the stone to Yondu who's just gonna sell it to somebody even worse?

Blake: If we don't, he'll kill us.

Quill: We'll figure that part out, later.

Gamora: We have to stop Ronan.

Rocket: How?

Quill: I have a plan.

Rocket: You gotta plan?

Quill: Yes.

Rocket: First of all, you're copying me from when I said I have a plan.

Quill: No, I'm not. People say that all the time. It's not that unique of a thing to say.

Rocket: Secondly, I don't even believe you have a plan.

Quill: I have part of a plan!

Drax: What percentage of a plan do you have?

Gamora: You don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on Knowhere.

Blake: Yeah, Drax. What kind of idiot pulls off a stunt like that?

Drax: I just saved Quill.

Quill: We've already established the fact that destroying the ship that I'm on is not saving me.

Blake: It was senseless and you could have killed us. That's not saving people.

Drax: When did we establish it?

Quill: Like three seconds ago!

Drax: I wasn't listening. I was thinking of something else.

Blake: This is why we don't let you plan. You're all muscles and murder but you're no brains.

Rocket: They're right. You don't get an opinion. What percentage.

Quill: I don't know. 12%.

Blake: Really?

Rocket: 12%?

He laughed a fake laugh.

Blake: That's a fake laugh.

Rocket: It's real!

Quill: Totally fake.

Rocket: That is the most real, authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire life because that is not a plan.

Gamora: It's barely a concept.

Quill: You're talking their side?

Blake: They do have a point.

Quill: Blake!

"I am Groot."

Rocket: So what, it's better than 11%? What does that have to do with anything?

Quill: Thank you, Groot. Thank you. See? Groot's the only one of you who has a clue.

Groot was eating a leaf off of his shoulder.

Blake: He's the only one of us who has less sense.

Quill: Guys. Come on. Yondu is gonna be here in two seconds. He expects to hear this big plan of ours.

Blake: We ain't gotta plan, bro. We're sitting ducks out here.

Quill: I need your help. I look around at us. You know what I see? Losers. I mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families, normal lives. And, usually, life takes more than it gives. But not today. Today, it's given us something. It has given us a chance.

Drax: To do what?

Quill: To give a crap. For once. Not run away. I, for one, am not gonna stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives.

Rocket: But, Quill, stopping Ronan, it's impossible. You're asking us to die.

Quill: Yeah. I guess I am.

Blake: What if you are?

I stood up.

Blake: Quill. You are so right. When I was a cub, my planet was destroyed. I fled to a new planet and fended for scraps. Yondu found me and gave me the life that I thought I wanted. Then I met you. You go against orders. You do reckless things. You aggravate the crud nuggets out of anyone who crosses you. But I tell you what. I wish I had the guts to do those things myself. And I'm proud to be your partner.

Quill smiled.

Then he turned away.

"Quill."

Gamora spoke up.

Quill looked at her

Gamora: I have lived most of my life surrounded by my enemies. I will be grateful to die among friends.

Drax stood up next.

Drax: You are an honorable man, Quill. I will fight beside you. And in the end, I will see my wife and daughter again.

Groot stood up.

"I am Groot."

Blake: Yeah. We know.

Rocket looked at us as if we were stupid.

Blake: Come on, Rocket. You know you wanna go down. Guns a blazing. Bombs a firing.

Rocket: I, what the crap, I don't have that long a lifespan anyway.

He stood up.

Rocket: Now I'm standing. Y'all happy? We're all standing up now. Bunch of idiots, standing in a circle.

Blake: Rocket, don't ruin the moment for me.