Not a Creator

We drove the car out to see make it to the pyramid. Along the way, we saw the so called "perfect" world of the High Evolutionary to see that it wasn't what we thought it was. It was a bit dirty. There was a homeless old lady sleeping on a bench, an octopus guy selling something to young cockroach kids, and a gangster beating up a bystander in a back alley with graffiti. It was awful.

Nebula: This is the perfect society?

Blake: It's just like anywhere else in the world. If he's their creator, then does he even know about this?

Part of me scared to find out what he'd do even if he did or didn't know about all this. Is this his idea of a perfect world? Because these animal people can even be temperamental when they feel threatened. Then again, they have a mind of their own, so they're not programmed to understand his desires.

We finally made it. It looked like a cube stuck it the ground and it was surrounded by waterfalls. I guess that's his idea of perfect as well. To make a headquarters to make others feel insignificant. Then we saw two guards up ahead. They looked fully locked and loaded.

Peter: Here we go.

We stopped the car and came out.

Peter: We're here to see....

Owl: The High Evolutionary is expecting you.

One of the guards said. Wait, these guys speak English?

Blake: (Thinking) Oh crap, he knows about us?

Nebula: Which means it is a trap.

Peter: It's a face-off.

Owl: She stays here.

The guard gestured to Nebula.

Nebula: Why?

Owl: Policy against weaponry, and your arm is a gun.

The pig used his metal arm to scan us.

Pig: They're clean.

Owl: Let's go.

Nebula: Hey.

Peter: It'll be okay.

Before we went off, I came up to Nebula.

Blake: Nebula, if anything happens to us, take care of Mikey, okay?

Nebula: I will. Just don't let anything happen to you. Or him.

I smile. She does care.

We followed the funny mutants up to a wide space room and there he was. The High Evolutionary. A man in dark purple. Rocket's creator. Our creator. But that meant nothing to me if he meant to destroy us.

Meanwhile, Drax, Mantis, Zoe, and Mikey were waiting in the town.

Mantis was playing with a pinwheel out of boredom.

Mikey: I'm scared, Mommy. Is Daddy gonna be okay?

Zoe: He'll be fine, baby. It's your Dad. I've known him for almost all my life.

Drax: I don't know. We really should be up there.

Zoe: Drax, I know you wanna get up there and smash heads. But now's not the the time to act recklessly. We need to stay here and protect Rock--

Drax: I'm not trying to be stupid, Zoe. I lost a family, once. And I know that you and Blake were separated once, before. I don't want that to happen to you or your son. He needs both of his parents.

Zoe thought about it.

All of a sudden, a motorcyclist came up the street. Drax saw this and knocked him off the cycle.

Zoe: Drax, are you crazy?

Mikey: Is he dead?

The man still moved.

Zoe: No, he's fine.

Mikey: Dang it.

Mantis: What are you doing?!

Drax: I got a bad feeling about this.

Mantis: Peter just told us to stay here.

Drax: Yeah, well, that's his fault. He should know by now that I never do anything that anyone ever tells me.

Mantis: We need to protect Rocket.

Zoe: She's right. We can't just go off just because we can. We have responsibilities.

Drax: Yeah, that's right. So, hop on and we'll ride back to the ship.

Mantis: Just right over there?

Zoe: Are you seriously coming up with that lie? We can just walk over there.

Drax: I'm not lying.

Mikey: Uncle Drax, no offense, but you have that "I'm going to do something stupid because I really want to" face, so I don't trust you.

Drax: Fine, you two can walk.

Zoe: Good, cause you're not making me get on that thing. It looks unsafe and doesn't look like we all can fit.

Mikey: I wanna get on.

Zoe: No, you don't.

Drax: Yes, he can. He's small enough to fit.

Zoe looked unsure about it.

Zoe: Fine. But go back to the ship. All of you.

Mikey got on.

Drax: Hang on, little one .

Drax drove off.

Mikey: Bye, Mommy!

Mantis: Drax! Hey! Stop being a jerk!

Zoe: Hey! Drax! Get back here! Bring my son back!

Mikey: Let's go save Daddy!

Drax: Yes!

Mantis: Why'd you bring him?!

Drax: I wanna help him save his dad!

Guardians of the GalaxyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara