Meeting the Guardians

Xandar

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of getting from something stupid to nowhere at all. Pathetic. Look at this guy. You think they call us criminals when assaulting us with that haircut? Look at this thing. It thinks it's cool to get help. It's not cool to get help. Walk by yourself you little gargoyle. Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? Am I right, Groot?"

Rocket: A result of an illegal science experiment, on a raccoon, with a bad attitude. And a taste for violence.

Groot: A tree humanoid. Rocket's partner.

Groot was drinking fountain water.

"Don't drink fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting."

Groot shook his head, no.

"Yes, you did. Don't be lying to me."

Then his tablet beeped.

"Oh. Looks like we got one. Wait, two. Oh, a Wolzarian. Haven't seen these ones in a long time. Alright homie and wolf. How bad does someone want you two?"

He scanned out the price.

"40,000 units for each? That's 80,000 units. Groot. We're gonna be rich!"

Groot was still drinking fountain water. Which made Rocket groan in disbelief.

Blake's P.O.V

We went inside a building to meet our buyer.

Broker: Mr. Quill. Mr. Slader.

Quill: Broker. The orb. As commissioned.

As he places the orb on the table.

Broker: Where's Yondu?

Quill: Wanted to be here. Sends his love, and wanted us to say that you have the best eyebrows in the business.

Blake: Oh, brother.

Broker picks it up.

Blake: So do you have any idea what it is?

Broker: It's my policy never to discuss the clients, or their needs.

Blake: Well, it would help for some information about an object.

Quill: Yeah, plus, we almost died getting it for you.

Broker: An occupational hazard.

Blake: Really?

Peter: Some machine-headed freak working for some dude named Ronan...

I gasped at this. Quill wasn't supposed to say that.

Broker: Ronan?

Blake: No, not Ronan.

I said worriedly.

Broker: I'm sorry, Mr. Quill and Mr. Slader. I truly am, but I want no part in this transaction if Ronan is involved.

As he pushes us towards the door.

Quill: Whoa, whoa, whoa, who's Ronan?

Broker: A Kree fanatic, outraged by the peace treaty, who will not rest until Xandarian Culture, my culture, is wiped from existence. He's someone who's bad side I'd rather not be on.

Quill: What? What about my bad side?

Blake: I hardly believe your is threatening enough, Peter. Wait, Broker, please. We need that money to pay back Yondu.

Broker waves his hands and the door opens, pushing us out.

Broker: Farewell, Mr. Quill and Mr. Slader.

Quill: We had a deal, bro!

Blake: You shouldn't have told him about Ronan. Now we're both dead.

"What happened?"

Gamora: Thanos's claimed daughter, after destroying her planet, and highly trained weapon.

Quill: This guy just backed out of a deal on me. If there's one thing I hate it's a man without integrity. Peter Quill. You can call me Starlord. And this is my partner, Blake Slader. You can call him Slade.

Blake: Oh, brother, here we go.

Gamora: You have the bearing of a man of honor.

Quill: Well I wouldn't say that. People say that about me. All the time, but it's not something I would ever say about myself.

When she got closer, I had a bad feeling that she was going to try something. I was right. She took the orb and kicked him in the stomach. Serves him right for being prideful.

Blake: Come on. We need to get that orb back.

Quill: On it.

Blake: Dude. Never trust women. Their appearances are deceiving.

Quill: Don't get on that again, Blake.

She tried to make a run for it, but Quill threw a laser wire and caught her legs. We both attacked her and tried to get the orb, but she broke free and kicked us both. I was trying not to fall off the bridge while they were slapping each other on the ground. She had him pinned down.

"This wasn't the plan." she whispered

All of a sudden, a raccoon and a tree man came over and attacked her and bagged her.

"Put him in the bag. Put him in the bag. Not her. Him."

I then realized they're after us.

"Quill! They're after us! Run!"

"Hang on, Blake!"

He pulled he over.

"Thanks."

"Ow. Biting. That's not fair."

We made a run for it.

Then a knife hit Quill's hand. And he dropped the orb.And it rolled off the bridge.

"Quill!"

"I'm sorry."

"Now we have to go down and get it!"

Too late. The green girl grabbed it. But we both came down on top of her. Well, Quill did. I landed on the floor.

She came up on top of him.

"Fools. You should've learned."

"I don't learn. One of my issues."

He grabbed the orb, put a rocket on her back, and she flew backwards.

Blake: Haha! Nice one, bro.

The victory was short lived. The tree guy snuck up behind us and put us in a sack.

We heard

"Quit smiling, you idiot. You're supposed to be a professional. You're gotta be kidding me."

I looked through a peephole.

"Quill. She's coming back and, she's cutting the tree guy's arms off."

"She won't be expecting this."

Holding his gun.

"Nice. Element of surprise."

He shot her with electricity.

Quill tried running again. I decided to deal with these too clowns.

"I live for the simple things. Like how much this is going to hurt."

"Not today, squirrel boy."

"What?"

I got him down.

"Nobody, threatens my partner, except me. Now talk. Who sent you?"

"Nobody. We wanted to collect your bounty and turn you in."

"I outta slice you open and see how you tick."

Then lights came down and tractor beams pulled us up.

"Oh, dagnabbit. It's the Nova Corps.