The Battle Part 1

We woke up the next morning. We immediately began to get ready for battle. We planned it out in a room.

Gamora: The Stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge.

Quill: All Ronan's gotta do is touch the Stone to the planet's surface and zap. All plants, animals, Nova Corps.

Gamora: Everything will die.

Quill: So Ronan does not make the surface. Rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the Dark Aster's starboard hull.

I cracked up a bit. They all looked at me.

Blake: Sorry.

Quill: Then, our craft and Yondu's will enter.

Kraglin: Won't there be hundreds of Sakaaran soldiers inside?

Blake: Scared?

Kraglin: No. Just asking.

Drax: I think of Sakaaran as paper people.

Kraglin punched him in the shoulder.

Gamora: Once they know we're on board, Ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck. Which I can disable by dismantling the power source.

Blake: So basically, he's hiding and we're just breaking into a man's personal space?

Quill: Something like that. We'll make it to that flight deck, and I'll use the Hadron Enforcer to kill Ronan.

Blake: Now, we're breaking and entering and committing murder. I just hope Ronan doesn't have his own Poirot and Hastings coming after us.

Quill: Will you shut up?

Gamora: Once Ronan is dead, we will retrieve the Stone. Use these devices to contain it. If you touch it, it will kill you.

They handed out orb devices.

Quill: I'll contact one of the Nova officers who arrested us.

Blake: You sure that's a good idea?

Quill: Don't worry. I know which one to call. Hopefully they'll believe we're there to help.

Rocket: There's one more thing we need to complete the plan. That guy's eye.

He pointed to a Ravenger with a robotic eye.

Quill: No! No, we don't. No, we don't need that guy's eye.

Rocket: No, seriously, I need it. It's important to me.

Blake: You steal his eye, I shove it up your butt. What is it with you and stealing people's robotic body parts?

We were ready to arrive.

Yondu: Remember boys, at the end of all this, I get the Stone. Cross me, and we kill you all.

That stuck in my mind as we prepared.

Blake: You gonna give it to him?

Quill: I don't know. What do you think I should do?

Blake: I'm asking you. You don't need my help. You're a grown man. You make your own decisions. I'll always be there to support you.

Quill: You did good, today.

Time skip in the Milano, on the way to the Dark Aster

Gamora: This is a terrible plan.

Quill: Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends.

Blake: Quill, it's not polite to use a person's line against them.