Making a Compromise

Blake: Quill. Ronan took took the orb?

Quill: Yeah. I'm sorry.

All of a sudden, Yondu was beating him up. And Gamora was being held back.

Yondu: You betray me? Steal my money?

Gamora: Stop it! Leave him alone!

It surprised me that Gamora was beginning to care about him.

Blake: Yondu, quit it! We had a deal!

Yondu: When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. They ain't tasted Terran before. I saved your life!

Quill got mad.

Quill: Oh, will you shut up about that? God! Twenty years you've been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me. Normal people don't even think about eating anyone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family.

Yondu: You don't give a crap about your Terra!

Blake: Quill, stop it! Will you shut up for once in your stupid life and just listen?! If we didn't take you away from Earth, what would've happened to you?! Who would've taken care of you?!

Yondu: Yeah. You're scared because you're soft. In here?! Here! Right here!

Gamora: Yondu! Listen to me! Ronan has something called an Infinity Stone!

Blake: She's right. When we were about to leave with the orb, we got attacked by him. He was gonna take it for himself. Just think, if we hadn't taken from the tomb?

Yondu: You think that I don't know that?!

Gamora: Then you know we must get it, back! He's gonna use it to wipe out Xandar. We have to warn them. Billions of people will perish.

Blake: Again. She's right. If you care about people. Think about it. He destroys everyone, no more buyers, no more people to steal from, no more women. He may come after you guys, next!

Yondu: Is that what she's been filling your head with, boy? Sentiment? Eating away your brain, like maggots?

He had enough. He was ready to kill us.

Yondu: That's it.

He whistled for his flying arrow. I've seen him use it. Strikes fast. Kills instantly.

Gamora: No!

Blake: Yondu! Don't do it!

Yondu: Sorry, boys. But a captain's gotta teach his men what happens to those what cross him.

Kraglin: Captain's gotta teach stuff!

"Yeah!"

But I knew that Quill had a bargaining chip up his sleeve.

Quill: You kill me now, you are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen.

Yondu smiled his creepy smile.

Yondu: The stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because nobody ain't stealing from Ronan.

Quill: We got a ringer.

Yondu: Is that right?

Quill: She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships, his army.

Gamora: He's vulnerable.

Quill: Hey, what do you say, Yondu, huh? Me, you, and Blake, taking down a mark, all three of us, like the old days.

I winced. I got scared.

He whistled his arrow back and we all burst out in laughter.

"Let him go!"

"You always did have a scrote, boy! That's why I kept you as a young'un."

There was a firing and rumbling sound.

"Captain, the shot was non-damaging."

"Attention, idiots!"

Blake: Oh, crap. I know that voice."

We saw the Milano right outside the window.

"The lunatic on top of this craft is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design."

We looked on top, it was Drax with a spacesuit on, carrying a big gun.

Blake: Oh, no.

"If you don't hand over our companions right now, he's gonna tear your ship a new on. A very big new one.

Yondu: I ain't buying it.

"I'm giving you to the count of five."

Blake: Oh, crap. Is he serious?

Quill: No! Wait, hold on!

He spoke on the comm.

Quill: Rocket, it's me! For God's sakes! We're fine! We figured it out! We're fine!

"Oh, hey Quill. What's going on?"

We need to talk to that doofus.