The Battle Part 2

I thought we were dead. Somehow, we were alive. Groot's shield worked. I looked around. Everyone was a little bruised. Rocket was looking at the sad remains and burnt branches of Groot.

Rocket: I called him an idiot.

All of a sudden, Ronan appeared. Again.

Blake: Oh. Come on.

Rocket got upset.

Rocket: You killed Groot!

He came at him but Ronan shot him backwards.

Blake: Rocket!

I came towards him.

Ronan: Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy. What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance.

Rocket: Blake, the Hadron Enforcer's still intact. If we have some energy left

Blake: We can destroy the hammer and get the stone from him. I'm on it.

Ronan: People of Xandar. The time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand!

Blake: Yeah, that's right. Keep monaloging, sucker.

I forgot that Quill's radio was playing. And then he was singing along and dancing.

Blake: Oh, good grief.

Ronan: What are you doing?!

Quill: I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom.

I shot and hit the hammer. The Stone was released. Quill jumped forward and grabbed it.

Gamora: No!

Blake: Quill, don't! It'll kill you!

He grabbed it and a tornado formed around us.

Gamora: Peter! Take my hand!

He hesitated but finally did it. I took his hand as well and felt pain as purple cracks ran up my arm. Drax and Rocket did the same thing. I thought we were done for, until it stopped. It was as if we were able to maintain it.

Ronan was surprised.

Ronan: You're mortal! How?!

Quill: You said yourself, boy. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quill opened his hand and let loose the power of the Stone on Ronan. Ronan disintegrated into dust.

Gamora put a container over the orb and it was all over.

"Well, well, well. Quite the light show."

Yondu and his Ravengers showed up.

"Ain't this sweet? But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts."

Blake: Ugh. That's just gross, man.

Gamora: Peter, you can't. Peter.

Quill: You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps.

Blake: He's right. We give this thing to you, who knows who else wants it. It's a dangerous weapon.

Yondu: I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure ain't one.

He was reaching for his flying arrow.

Yondu: Hand it over, son.

Peter was negligent but he finally turned it over.

Yondu: Slade.

"Yeah?"

Yondu: You did good, this time, boy. You're hereby reinstated as my third in command. You don't have to watch over Quill no more. He's got all the company he needs.

I thought about it. Back to the life I wanted to get back. But then again, did I always want that live?

Blake: That's a generous offer, Yondu. But I'd like to stay close by, just in case. But promise me one thing.

Kraglin: Now, hold on, Slade. You don't just order the captain.

Yondu: Hold on a minute, Kraglin. I want to see where this is going.

Blake: Don't sell to a madman, Yondu. Don't use it to your advantage. Don't use it as a weapon.

Yondu: You have my word. I sure will miss you on the ship, though.

As he was walking away.

Quill: Yondu. Do not open that orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people.

Blake: I think he knows.

Yondu's P.O.V.

Kraglin: Quill turned out okay. Probably a good thing we didn't turn him into his dad like we was hired to do.

Yondu: Yeah. That guy was an idiot.

Kraglin: And it looks like Slade's getting to be a better man.

Yondu: He's always been a great man in my eyes. That's why I picked him up.

Blake's P.O.V

Quill: He's gonna be so ticked off with all of us when he realizes I switched out the orb on him.

Blake: What?! You switched the orb on him?! Do you realize what you just did?! Now he's gonna kill both of us!

Quill: Blake, calm down.

Blake: You son of a

I was about to hit him until Gamora caught my fist.

Gamora: That's enough.

I calmed down.

I still did a light punch to the chest.

Quill: Ow! Dude!

Blake: That was irresponsible, stupid, and reckless.

Quill: Ok. I get it.

Blake: But, hey. I wish I had the guts to do it myself.

I gave him a hug.

Quill: Ok, Blake. This is awkward. People are looking at us.

I let go.

Gamora: He was gonna kill you, Peter.

Quill: I know. But he was about the only family I had.

Gamora: No. He wasn't.

Blake: Nice.

Quill: Dude! Have you ever heard of personal space?

I went over to see Rocket holding twigs from Groot's remains. Drax went over and patted him on the back.

I knew that everything was going to be alright.

Just like Bob Marley says.