Making Friends Everywhere We Go

After escaping the Kyln, we were on our way to the place where Gamora's buyer is. I wasn't really thrilled with having to go with the people who don't like us very much, especially Rocket and Groot. Especially after the fact that Rocket was making bombs from parts of our ship. Quill didn't like that, either. And he especially didn't like it that he was about to use a colorful box. From what I heard, it was actually a gift from his departed mother, that he hadn't opened yet. After that squabble, we had another squabble between trust issues between each other.

Gamora: I would never be partners with the likes of you two. And Quill, your ship is filthy.

Quill looked at her with a big, goofy smile on his face as she went up.

Quill: Oh, she has no idea. If I had a black light on in here, this entire place would look like a Jason Potluck painting.

Blake: Oh, dude. That's just weird, man.

Rocket: You've got issues, Quill.

I decided to go up and have a talk with Gamora.

Gamora: What do you want?

Blake: I'm really sorry about Quill. I know that he's kind of a goofball, but I promise you that you can trust us.

Gamora: You don't know me, wolf.

Blake: It's Blake. And I know exactly what it's like to lose your home. I had to fend for scraps as a cub until I was found. And after Quill got us in trouble, all of a sudden, we're depending on you guys to help us out.

Gamora: So, basically, you're in a dilemma, too?

Blake: Yeah. Something like that.

Gamora: I'll think about it.

After that, I decided to have a talk with Quill.

"What's up?"

Blake: Quill, I don't know if we can trust these guys.

"Why not? We're gonna get paid. And we'll pay back Yondu. And you can be third mate, again."

Blake: They don't trust us. One of them tried to kill us. Two of them tried to throw us on a sack. And the last guy's an idiot who doesn't understand metaphors.

Quill: Look. After we're done, they'll leave us alone. Until then, try to get along with them.

Blake: Alright. Fine.