eight

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Comrades

───────

It's a lazy morning for Kotetsu and Izumo.

Working as gatekeepers is an easy task but carrying stacks of paperwork to give to the Hokage is stressful because Tsunade falls asleep on her desk and forgets all about it.

"Aren't you being a little too laid back?" Izumo asked Kotetsu. His friend is resting his head on the table. "Oh, well, you know, things were pretty tense around here recently with the incident in Suna. Now that it's settled, I've suddenly become exhausted." The bandaged face man mentions the major event that happened in the Sand village. "Even so, we don't know what's going to happen next," Izumo adds in another part to the conversation. "Only by being cautious at all times are we able to prevent—" He gets cut off by Kotetsu. "You wouldn't stand a chance to survive." The other man countered. But good thing it didn't turn into an argument because they were tired.

Minutes later, they overhear a noise like feet rapidly pattering. It got louder and louder until,

"Last spurt! Goal!"

Kotetsu and Izumo are not surprised it was Guy with Kakashi on his back? He raises his left arm in the air and has a single finger pointing up, "First place!" Guy yells out loud. Then, another one comes through the gates; this time it was Lee. "Sadly, second place!" The boy puts his arms up with two fingers up on both hands. The two Jōnins have their jaws dropped, clearly unamused by them. "What kind of race is that?" Izumo asked. "Beats me," Kotetsu answered.

They also can tell that Kakashi is very uncomfortable or not even awake.

Guy also advises that Lee needs to train a lot more because he got third place instead. All because of Kakashi on his back, he counts him as second place. Lee gets all riled up with fat tears leaking from his big eyes as he scribbled down some notes. Then, the others have arrived as well. Guy tells the people they should head on over to the Hokage house and send a report. But, Misa is more worried about her mentor, whose neck hunched backward.

"Guy sensei, Kakashi sensei doesn't look too...good." She points out.

The man was a little confused about what she meant, but when he turned his head to look over his shoulder, Kakashi is unconscious. "Guess it's hospital first, then report last." He figured it was best to take care of the silver-haired man quickly.

They make a trip to the hospital where Kakashi can rest and recover his low energy from fighting. Tsunade and Shizune heard about the good news and are happy to know that they are back in Konoha after a rough week in Suna. The two women visit the hospital to see them crowding in Kakashi's room. "Since you all have achieved the mission, I am happy to see everyone is back. You people are free to do whatever you want until the next duty gets called. Except for you, Kakashi. Gomen." She gave him an apologetic look. "You'll be resting for a while, so don't push yourself so hard." The Sannin commend for the sake of his health.

"Hai, Tsunade-sama." Kakashi listened, and he gazes up at the ceiling. He knows it's going to be a long recovery.

"Well, that is all I need to say." Tsunade begins to leave with Shizune.

Misa nudges her arm at Sakura, "We have information." She reminded her about what the enemy told them. Sakura nodded in response. They exit out of the room to find Tsunade. Naruto has a baffled look on his face. He didn't quite understand the sudden hassle between his teammates. So, he sneakily follows them because it seems essential.

They meet with Tsunade and Shizune to discuss the topic on the rooftop of the Hokage House. Sakura talks first, "An Akatsuki member named Sasori, he said it was a reward for beating him, and there's more from what he stated." She explains to Tsunade about the claimed spy is one of Orochimaru's subordinates. "In ten days at Tenchi Bridge, huh," The woman perceived from the specific location that is isolated from other villages. "Four days have passed and six days left." Misa has spoken. "However, I feel a bit uncertain this is a bait that Orochimaru arranged. Plus, without Kakashi sensei, it would be unlikely to fight back." She professes about the team is short on members.