twenty-three

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Awakening

───────

She can't believe that he is physically here.

Sasuke puts the weapon back in place, and Misa helps him inside by offering a hand. He quietly steps his feet in like it was light as a feather. Then, all of a sudden, they hear a voice outside of the bedroom. "Misa, dear. Are you home? What was that noise?" It was Akemi. The girl flinched in total panic. She tries to form a coherent sentence. "Y-Yes, otou-san! I accidentally dropped a book!" She stutters out a lie. Her owlish eyes are looking at Sasuke, who is standing with a blank expression. But his chakra is concealed so that he wouldn't get caught.

To their luck, Akemi actually falls for his daughter's reply. "Oh, okay. Goodnight." He yawns tiredly and went back to bed.

After taking a huge sigh of relief, Misa glares at Sasuke. "Why are you here?" She crossed her arms. He could've been caught for entering the village. "I came here to tell you about what is happening with my life at the moment." Sasuke tries specifying. Misa blinks a few times, she was not expecting that response. She doesn't say anything other than going over to the nightstand, and puts away the kunai knife. Sasuke follows the girl. He even sees the portrait of Team 7 when they were younger on the nightstand. Misa's beautiful smile. He takes her hand where they can sit down on the bed. "I'm all ears," She said.

Sasuke couldn't appreciate her more despite going into her room without a word. "Orochimaru, he confessed that he is not choosing to take me as his vessel." The dark-haired boy starts it off with his master. Sasuke then dives deep into the events that recently happened. He created his own team where they've become mutual throughout the travel. He told Suigetsu, Karin, and Jugo that he is following what his heart telling him. To meet with the love of his life before everything else.

"Yes, indeed my pursuit is searching for Itachi and yet, I have a feeling that it's something much more than revenge." Sasuke can read the bewilderment in Misa's gem-like eyes. "What is it, then?" She asked him. His obsidian gaze drifts to the moon from outside. Sasuke starts conveying, "The shinobi world is not in a perfect state. I am eager to know if it was caused by lies and enmity." He never thought about being aware of reality. Sasuke turns his attention back to Misa.

He purses his lips before talking. "I have a voice in the back of my head that is telling me if I take on Itachi, myself and the rest of the world will not be the same. It would be woeful than you think." Sasuke sounded anxious. Misa begins to move closer and rest her head onto his broad shoulder. "You're choosing but there's a consequence which is putting no thought of your actions." She is slowly getting somewhere from Sasuke. "It seems like it." The raven gently lays his head on top of hers.

Misa can feel a sudden impulse to tell him about Itachi's real reason why everything became how it is now. Should or should not? Misa's prediction is leaning towards the negative. Her delicate hand wrapped in his grasp tightens. "If you were to not kill Itachi then what would you do?" The question came out a bit earnest but she kept her tone placid. Sasuke answers in a quite harsh voice, "I'll pretend that he doesn't exist in my life." He plays a deep frown on his face.

The Akiyama bites her lower lip. She must tell him but she is afraid how he will react. After a minute of silence, Misa lifts her head from Sasuke's shoulder to cup his handsome face into her soft hands.

She is going for it.

"Yesterday, I met him and he was with Nanami." Misa has spoken. She witnessed Sasuke's eyes are wide as saucers. She holds him in a firm grip so he doesn't burst out of anger. "You have to understand, Sasuke-kun or else you'll get the wrong idea." Her attitude has completely changed. She is acting insistent. His stiff shoulders are relaxed. He can't believe it. The ambitious Uchiha Sasuke is becoming obedient. Misa spoke, "I am going to be very honest, and none of it are flat out lies. Plus, I was disappointed because of the people that I stand for made him do it." She removes her hands from his face. The girl expounds about the proposition that lead to Itachi's despair. She mentions the Konoha elders arranged it behind closed doors.