thirty-six

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Never Surrender

───────

All of a sudden, a loud rumble came from the Hokage house.

Both Sasuke and Misa simultaneously turned their heads. Tsunade reacted the same way about Kakashi because Katsuyu spiritually delivered a message to her master.

"I hope Naruto will be back." The dark-haired kunoichi has so many concerns that she is close to losing her mind. She misses her optimistic friend because it has been weeks. Misa also wonders how he'll react to the tragedy.

"We all know that he wouldn't turn on our backs. Unless he is too much of a coward." Sasuke frowned. He will hate that Uzumaki if he doesn't show up before things get worse. Misa shakes her head, "No. I believe in Naruto's courage. He knows what to do and make things right." She has a hard time with positivity, but there is some left.

Sasuke sighs, "The typical heroic behavior is not so surprising." He said, and Misa laughed a little. She turns her head to notice his newly activated Sharingan. They looked like a pair of flowers.

Unexpectedly, he began to unzip his top to transform into his other self. Misa couldn't contain her blushing because he had a beautifully crafted body. She watches the flame-like marks overlap his body and change his appearance. Misa was starstruck by how Sasuke was not in pain like back then.

"Are you not scared?" He asked a bit worrisomely.

Misa shakes her head in denial, "It's still you but very dragon-y." She couldn't help but giggle. Sasuke rolled his eyes. How can she be so bubbly at a time like this? Misa is strange, but he loves it. "We should get to Tsunade." The boy suggested. His lover didn't hesitate to agree with his next plan. Side-by-side, the couple make their way to the Hokage house.

"Where's Itachi?" Misa suddenly asked Sasuke.

It has been over two hours since they separated. The only thing Sasuke last saw was Itachi's smile. His smile holds a lot of meaning. As a response, "He is trying his hardest to keep himself out of sight. I guess the Akatsuki are willing to get to him without mercy. But I don't want any trouble." Sasuke hopes and prays for his brother. Misa turns her head to see the heavy emotions in his ruby gaze. His love for his brother is so significant and beautiful.

"Hey. Your brother is strong and knows what he is doing. We'll see him again." Misa did her best to cheer Sasuke up. She would feel the same way for Koichi.

The younger Uchiha shifts his head to meet his favorite garnet eyes. "You know, you don't have to be sappy all the time. But I do appreciate it." Sasuke immediately veers his head to look forward. He doesn't know if his altered self can show the blush on his cheeks.

Misa just smiles because Sasuke is a little softie.

After running from place to place, the lovers arrived and guarded Tsunade and the other Anbu members. In front of them is a man with a menacing aura, Rinnegan in both eyes, who stares deep into everyone's soul.

"An Uchiha and an Akiyama. I didn't expect a love story to continue."

Pain stated that Sasuke and Misa were confused. Tsunade's eyes widened; she instantly knew what he meant by looking at the pair. She remembers, at a very young age, her grandfather's companion and his lover. It was unfortunate that Madara and Yukari had to accept their fate.

Not to mention, Tsunade could feel a slight warmth over her chest at her student's new appearance.

Sasuke scoffs, "I don't know what you are referring to, but I hope it doesn't involve me fighting you." He grips the handle of his most prized possession.