forty

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Reconnecting

───────

Several weeks passed, and things changed after the battle.

Konoha may not look the same as it used to be, but it's still the people's homeland. Construction workers are building houses and businesses with resourceful materials and wood. As usual, the shinobis are responsible for protecting the villagers and safeguarding the land. However, there is one big issue that might affect everything.

The Hokage is in a coma.

In other words, if Lady Tsunade doesn't make it, there will be a new leader. But if she does get out of it, she'll continue to rule Konoha. Every day, her two students would come to visit her. Unfortunately, Sakura and Misa don't have the strength to help their master. The only thing everyone can do is pray.

A newly radiant sun steps forth from the springtime. Sasuke and Misa are relaxing under a tree by the lake with a blanket and bento boxes. But one of them starts to notice a negative aura from the other.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Sasuke asked Misa with a concerned expression. He can tell his lover is not herself in the past days. Well, she hasn't since Pain's defeat. He knew something was up. Sasuke treated Misa to a picnic date.

For momentarily, she sat there looking into the void. She turns her head to converse her thoughts with Sasuke. "Do you believe the things Pain said are true?" Misa sends him a worrisome face. Instantly, Sasuke is hesitant to talk. He thought about it at some point but didn't expect his lover to get so wrapped up. But truthfully, he expected Misa to be concerned for Tsunade because she looked up to her master.

"If we do, what happened to the ones before us?" The youngest Uchiha asked a good question. Whether he believes in reincarnation or not, he is curious if they are reliving their previous lives. Misa lets out a breath. "Who knows? A rivalry between clans, one of us betrayed the other, or it was forbidden love." She goes down a list of assumptions.

Misa munches on an origini because food comforts her when she is in a blue mood. But she is thankful for Sasuke's kindness. He must've seen her not being like her bright self, which she thought she was good at hiding from those negative emotions. Misa hears Sasuke tell his statement.

"Whatever it is, I hope we are not repeating it. I guess my clan found yours then was something more than an unexpected discovery. The Uchiha Clan is famous or infamous, or whatever you want to call it." Sasuke doesn't care what people think of his clan because he knows the background is wild. "They have unspoken stories." He concludes that his people are quiet and don't want the center of attention.

Once she finishes her meal, Misa takes a sip of herbal tea with sugar cane in a flask. Misa says, "I wonder if we could find the information. Would you be down?" She asked Sasuke, laying her head on his shoulder.

He replies, "You know I am willing to do anything. As long it's with you because you have the brain." The boy points out his lover's intelligence. Misa smiles at his compliment. She lifts her head off his shoulder to look at his blank expression. "You're smart too. It's just you need to work on your decision-making. You were very, how should I put this," She places a finger on her lips, "Ignorant and egotistical." Misa's honesty is hitting Sasuke like a boulder.

A glum expression draws on his face. Misa notices the look. She started to laugh out loud because she was dumping fire on him.

"Well, again, I am sorry that I did it." Sasuke has nothing more to say other than to apologize for leaving her. Misa giggles and brings a kiss to his cheek.