eighteen

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Welcome Back

───────

Her friends are surrounding her with happiness and joy.

Team Guy, her teammates, and Team Ino-Shika-Cho are with her. Plus, a delightful scent of barbecue. Throughout every minute of the hangout, Naruto couldn't stop smiling. Misa is in the same environment as him. Even though Sasuke is not here, Naruto already expected that he wouldn't come back with Misa. It's the heartbreaking truth.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Sakura asked her friend, who is sitting between Naruto and Sakura. Misa munches on a piece of beef that Hinata cooked. She thanks the indigo-haired beauty for the tasty food. "Well, where do you want me to start exactly?" The Akiyama replied like it wasn't a heinous event, which left them a bit baffled. Kiba clears his throat before speaking, "Like did Orochimaru do anything to you? And is Sasuke still the same person?" He wonders, his little friend. All pairs of eyes are on her. Misa sighs; she should've known they'll be asking those questions because her friends were seriously worried if she never returned.

"To answer those questions, no, Orochimaru did nothing against my will. I was confused at first yet relieved that he did not commit to it, all because of Sasuke. He didn't leave me to go out and about is because he wanted to keep me protected. He even made a promise that he'll allow me to come back home. Sasuke has some cordial behavior, but it still doesn't change him of what happened in his childhood." Misa gives out complete answers to everyone in the room.

Naruto has no words. Sasuke does have a heart. However, he doesn't understand what the Uchiha intended from back then. The Uchiha is willing to give himself up to Orochimaru. Naruto hopes what Sasuke said isn't true and has a rational reason. The Uzumaki places an around the petite girl's shoulders. She turns her head and finds a smile on his face. "I am glad that he didn't force you to stay with him. Even though he is always uptight, it goes to show that he treats you fairly." Naruto spoke in a calm tone of voice. He doesn't know anyone else besides Misa that can work with Sasuke's hidden emotions.

"You are insane for loving him," Shikamaru says out of the blue.

Misa ghost a smile, "I mean, when is it your turn, Shika-chan?" She asked slyly with raised eyebrows. Everyone watches the most intelligent person's face turn red instantly and began laughing out loud. "T-That is none of your business!" Shikamaru looks away from the wicked but adorable girl. He secretly smiles while no one is looking. Like his friends, he truly missed her and is happy that she came back.

"Misa-chan!" Lee calls out her name in a lively tone. Misa hums as a response. "As a welcome back, this entire meal is for you." He sends her a broad smile and showing his pearly white teeth. The ebony-haired girl grew speechless. Her eyes scan around the table; they're all smiling joyfully. Misa giggles, "Arigatou, everyone." She thanked them for their love and goodness. "You're welcome, Misa-chan. You are like an imouto to us." Tenten says the Akiyama is like their little sister. Following with everyone else, they agree with the weapon user.

After finishing an exquisite feast, nightfall has made its presence. Four teams walk together as the sun slowly disappears.

Then all of a sudden, "How are the senseis doing?" Misa asked, so innocent.

The people around her went silent, leaving her very confused. "Was there something that I missed?" She questions once again. It seems like no one wants to answer. According to their body language, they're expressing desolation. She feels Sakura's hand over hers. Someone has to tell Misa about what happened regardless. Sakura starts explaining, "Asuma sensei is no longer with us. He went on to fight against the Akatsuki members, and a tragedy happened. He ended his life when protecting his comrades. Up until Kakashi sensei decided he wants to avenge his friend. He helped out Team 10 and finished where Asuma sensei left off." She ends the explanation that has Misa in utter shock.