twelve

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Intertwined

───────

Sasuke scrutinized with his dark eyes.

After three years of his departure, he noticed a drastic change in their appearance. He also sees that one person didn't make it like the others; his former sensei. Sasuke watched Yamato stepping out to join them and claimed that he is a temporary leader for Team Kakashi. The man stated that they came from Konoha to bring him back.

The Uchiha shift his gaze onto Sai. He watches him draws out his sword and point it in midair. "Sai, I knew it!" Sakura spoke out loud. He has heads turning, and they cautiously stare at him. Sasuke blinks, "I see. So is he my replacement?" He begs the question. Not a single person responded. "He said he wanted to protect the bond between Naruto and me." Sasuke proclaimed.

In response to that, Sai emphasizes his reasoning. "My classified mission was indeed the assassination of Sasuke. But I've had enough of orders. I now want to act on my own beliefs. I get the feeling of something significant to me." His unexpected change of character showed that he cares about his new companions and agrees with the relationship.

He speaks to Sasuke once more, "I don't know you very well. But there must be some reason why Naruto, Sakura, and Misa have pursued you so desperately. They don't want to serve their bonds with you. They're giving it their all to secure those bonds. I hope you understand that, Sasuke." Sai discerns the pain of losing someone so precious can impact them.

"Yeah, I did understand," Sasuke replied curtly.

For a brief silence, he gives in, "That's why I severed the bonds." The inconsiderate response stunned Naruto, Sakura, and Misa. They've become discomfort by his harsh words. "I have different bonds," Sasuke tells them, "Bonds of hatred with my onii-san. Numerous bonds mislead oneself and weaken the most important desires and cherished memories." He set forth to let the people acknowledge why he leaves everything behind for revenge.

"Why didn't you kill me back then?!" Naruto bellows with veins popping out of his temple. He alluded to their calamitous fight that first started their rivalry. "You think that could break our bond, Sasuke?!" Naruto tries to talk dome senses into Sasuke's thick skull. However, the Uchiha negates back, "The reason is simple. It's not that I couldn't break the bond with you. It was just irritating to me. Obtaining power based on the method he told me." He mentions the person that made his life miserable.

Suddenly, Sasuke leaps forward and gracefully lands on the lower surface. It surprised the people that they didn't see him for a split second. He has his arm wrapped around Naruto's neck by the front. "Come to think of it, was it your dream to become the Hokage?" Sasuke questions the dream that Naruto wants to become. "If you had the time to be chasing after me, you should've spent that training or something. Right, Naruto?" The raven remarked. "And so this time around, you'll lose your life because of my passing whim." He put his hand on the Kusanagi and unsheathed it at a slow pace. The grazing sound of the blade raises the tension.

"No way can a guy who can't even save one friend become the Hokage." Naruto countered. He remains still like a wall. Sasuke heard him but let alone; he is careless about what his rival thinks. Then all of a sudden, Misa's eyes begin to widen in horror. Sasuke moves his sword and is going to murder Naruto.

Luckily, Sai took action and stopped him. He grips the raven's wrist. Sasuke made eye-contact with Sai, "That manner of defense was correct." He felt Naruto's hands on his arm, but he swiftly flips his whole body around. He senses Yamato is about to retaliate with his wood technique. The Sharingan activates, and Sasuke performs a jutsu. "Chidori Nagashi!" An electrical discharge flows through Naruto and Sai. The shockwave contracted their muscles. They collapsed straight to the ground; their bodies went involuntarily stiff.