forty-two

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Engagement

───────

As Misa stays a little longer at Sasuke's, he gives her a tour around the newly modeled house. The clan is nearly isolated from the village's main parts; surprisingly, there wasn't a lot of damage after the assault. Itachi and Sasuke wanted more enhancement, and their friends helped.

"There is something I want you to see," Sasuke tells Misa.

She looks at him with interest. "I hope it's millions of cupcakes."

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Oh, please." Not to be dramatic, he wouldn't even take a whiff of sweets. Misa lets a breath, and the love of her life takes her wherever.

The pair walk outside of the house to go to the garden. Misa sees the beautiful koi fish pond and the reflection of the crescent moon. She then moves her bright pink eyes to spot a cherry blossom tree in the small garden. Itachi and Sasuke planted a cherry blossom tree when they returned to Konoha. It surprised them how fast it grew. Their mother, Mikoto, always loved seeing them bloom during the spring. So, they planted one for her. Sasuke turns to face Misa and is still holding her hand. He speaks,

"I brought you here to meet my parents."

Immediately, Misa becomes quiet. She stands on her toes to look over his shoulder. There's a picture of a happy couple in a frame resting on the grass against the tree with cherry blossom petals around them. Misa lets Sasuke guide her to his parents.

Once they sat down on their knees, the wind blew a little stronger and louder. Sasuke sighs, "Otou-san, okaa-san, I want you to meet Misa. The one who made me the person that I am now. I don't regret any of it." He sincerely expressed his love for Misa to his parents.

A warmth spread across her chest, and a rush of emotion washed over her face. Misa's lips began to tremble, and her rosy hues were glistening. The girl is becoming an emotional wreck. She tried to compose herself to speak. "I-It's nice to meet you both. I'll be honest; your son is a big troublemaker who doesn't know what he is doing and always needs me around him." She chuckled through the sniffles. Her lover rolled his eyes, but he couldn't deny it.

Misa continues, "However, not only that, but he is one of the most precious people in our lives. Uzumaki Naruto taught him friendship. Despite what he did, Sakura didn't break the bond between her and him. She knew he wouldn't hurt a single soul. Kakashi sensei was kind enough to help him get through his problems. And lastly, his brother. I have never seen him so happy—especially since it's his relative."

As she talks to his parents, Sasuke has eyes on her the entire time. He was a bit nervous for this moment because even in the afterlife, he still gets nervous about what his parents would think of him—probably shaking their heads at his ignorant choices then. But whenever he comes around the garden, he feels a warm presence wrapping around him.

"So, in essence, we all love your son. And I accept him as my husband-to-be."

Misa finished talking to Fugaku and Mikoto. It makes her wonder what they would be like if they were still around. Of course, it'll be different, but did Sasuke used to smile a lot? She looks up at him to notice his gaze is on her. A blush begins to burn her fair cheeks because he is too beautiful when the moonlight hits his face, and dark locks are moving by the wind.

In silent response, Sasuke stands and offers his hand to Misa. She gladly accepts it.

"Have you told your family about the proposal?" The Uchiha brings his girl into his arms to watch the stars glimmer in the sky. Misa snickered. "Nope, but will they believe me?" She asked, leaning into his broad chest. Sasuke furrowed his brows. "They should. I mean, it does sound absurd because we are not adults yet. However, I am not going to pressure you." He will never do that to Misa.