twenty-seven

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Let Me Love You

───────

Her grandparents became intrigued when she talked about Sasuke. It's also not surprising that Uchihas tend to be reserved because Isamu and Haruna were familiar with them at an early age.

Misa lets out a playful laugh, "Sasuke-kun is an introvert but I don't mind it." She tells the elderly couple. Throughout the discussion with her love life, Isamu and Haruna view it as an interesting love story because they normally don't hear a romance from the Uchiha Clan. Their history is filled with serious events and finding peace in the toughest situations. But overall, they're happy for Misa. Isamu ruffles his beautiful granddaughter's head, "I am interested to meet Sasuke. I wonder if your parents will allow him to join our family." He implies whether Sasuke and Misa will get married and be accepted by Akemi and Reiko.

A rosy blush colored the ebony-haired girl's face. Marriage. She never thought about it because she is still young and wants to be with Sasuke for more than a short period. Misa believes that it's best to talk it out with her parents whenever they are ready. "I hope there won't be any issues with it because I truly love him." She wholeheartedly admitted that Sasuke is the one. Haruna begins to speak, "You're very mature about this relationship. I wish the best of luck for both of you." She pecks her granddaughter's temple. Giving Misa enough support and making her feel good. The young shinobi is thankful to have the most incredible family.

"I see that you all are enjoying my cherry blossoms." A feminine voice spoke with a hint of delight.

The trio shifted their heads simultaneously to see Reiko. She began to approach her daughter and her parents. Isamu puts on a smile, "Can we collect some of the leaves?" He asked his child. Reiko nods her head, "Of course, otou-san! Collect as many as you want." She lets her father because he has a big heart for nature. Misa laughs gleefully; her grandpa is a lovable man. She also wasn't sure if it was coincidental that Haruna and Reiko both married men that were once captains of their team. Not to mention, her family had some connection with members of the Uchiha Clan.

Subsequently, the people gathered in the humble home to spend a pleasing moment together. Later on in the night, Misa reads the lyrics to a song in her songbook. She finished writing the song months back and it's dedicated to Sasuke. She first wrote it when the Rookie 10 were in their early teens. Except the song doesn't have a title. Misa left it blank for a long time and never returned. For some reason, she now wants to come up with one.

The Akiyama looks at her open bedroom window. Her magenta-like eyes are glimmered by the full moon, and the stars are scattered around it. The beauty is unreal. But then, all of a sudden, everything clicked in her head. She picks up a pencil from her nightstand and writes down the official title.

Sayonara Moon Town

Misa etched a cheerful smile; she hopes that Sasuke will love the song. She begins to sing it.

So if fate tries to pull us apart,
I want to protect you, even if it destroys this world

Even knowing this dream is fleeting,
I still want to live my life with someone else
Even if I learn the pain of loss,
I'll always be longing for someone else

Farewell... farewell...

Somewhere in the outskirts of Konoha, Team Hebi and Itachi are camping out in the forest. Sasuke abruptly perks his head up. "What's wrong?" His brother questions. The two are sitting by the fire while the others are sleeping. "I don't know if it was just me but I heard her voice. Misa was singing." Sasuke is bewildered. He probably looks like a crazy person right in front of his brother. But he could've sworn that he did hear Misa's angelic singing. Itachi plays a grin, "I don't hear anything but what I can tell is that you miss her." He can see Sasuke's face change from shock to downcast. Not only his brother but he does feel the same way with Nanami.