twenty-six

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Healing The Wounds

───────

His obsidian gaze lingers onto the back of his brother.

Sasuke can sense a change in Itachi's demeanor; from enigma to full of emotions. He carefully watches the older Uchiha take a seat on the throne. Not to mention, Itachi gazes at his feet; sorrow is written all over his face. Sasuke wouldn't expect to witness a reaction like that upset. The young raven is starting to believe in Orochimaru's and Misa's words about Itachi. Sasuke waits for him to utter a sentence. The man on the throne lifted his chin and makes eye contact with his brother. His lips began to move, "Before I tell you, please don't think vengeance on Konoha will solve anything." Itachi stated in a firm voice.

The young raven speaks to him, "Misa told me that Konoha was at fault for the execution of our clan. Why shouldn't I take on revenge? Will it make me and the rest of the shinobi world turn for the worse?" He inquiries but tried to keep the level of anger low as possible. Itachi can detect that Sasuke is very upset because his true feelings are hidden, and yet he doesn't show it. In a resolute voice, the man responds to those questions. "Yes, you and the shinobi world will not be the same. What Misa said is true but regardless of the choices that I had to make will be a negative outcome. There are many reasons as to why I didn't kill you." Itachi expounds in a long discussion to have Sasuke hear everything.

A complex family like the Uchiha Clan is often misunderstood numerous times in the past and the present. Several other clans view them as cold-blooded shinobis with little to no empathy. However, their grave persona hides their deep emotions. Itachi brought up the elders and Lord Hiruzen but one, in particular, desired that the village should have no existence of any Uchiha members. Shimura Danzo. The man's contribution is slowly leading to unfaithful solutions. Itachi also didn't want Sasuke to accept that Konoha is not the only one that discriminates against the Uchiha Clan.

The world undermines them.

Following up with the decision-making, Itachi talks about a person who helped him during the massacre. He remains anonymous to many but he goes by Uchiha Madara. Itachi claims that his identity is unknown because the name is after a warrior. During the earliest shinobi periods, Madara was ambitious and full of pride when uniting the world, and having a friend by his side who knows him like no other. However, an infamous feud broke out between the virtuous clans—the Senju and the Uchiha. Sasuke also comprehends about his rivalry with Naruto is becoming similar.

"I knew that someday you would be a wonderful man who remains loyal to his comrades and isn't scared to face his enemies. Plus, to be able to change the world for the better. Above all, I love you dearly." Itachi feels the long-term knot from his stomach is going away. Itachi continues, "If I didn't let you live, we would've been an extinct clan where no one knows that we existed. Otou-san and okaa-san acknowledged my decision, and it was hard to see their blood on my fingers." He remembers that tragic moment vividly. Years later, he can still hear his parents' last words. Itachi couldn't thank them enough for their love and care.

"After experiencing a lot of the pain, I stumbled upon happiness where I convinced myself that I should heal." Itachi instantly thought of Nanami. Whenever he is around her, she makes him feel alive. "I also wanted to give my otouto an apology, but I was afraid you wouldn't rely on my words. Yes, I was not confident about telling you my secret. But now that you are listening, I want to know if you can trust me for the rest of your life." Once ending the talk, Sasuke is left speechless. Bewilderment has painted all over his face. As promised by their lovers, they are willing to not fight and let the truth be spoken.