thirty-nine

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Congratulations, My Friend

───────

"Someone is calling out for you."

A soft and gentle voice has spoken.

It turns out to be a handsome man with spiked blonde hair, sun-kissed skin, and ocean-blue eyes that his son inherited.

The Fourth Hokage watches Naruto's expression altering from sad to content. He assumes it's a friend or a person close to him. Minato has never seen his child smile so wide in person. He grows curious, "Who is it, Naruto?" He asked him. The boy answers, "Misa. She is one of the greatest people in the world who means a lot to me." He stated sincerely.

Minato has never seen him smile before. Especially after his meltdown about being the most isolated person and trying to prove to people that he is an ordinary human being. "Can I see her?" Minato asked his son. Naruto looked puzzled because she was not physically present, but he allowed it. The father closed his eyes to go through Naruto's memories.

He sees a young female ninja; she has her father's floral abilities, courage, and intelligence with her mother's beauty and kindness. Minato becomes happy yet a little blue. He recognized Akemi because he was good friends with Obito. The Hokage is glad that Akemi is doing well as a husband, father, and shinobi. Minato honestly wants things to be different but can't change the past.

"She seems very special to you." Minato looks content that Naruto has people near and dear to him.

The son puts on a big smile. "She is! Misa-chan is cute, pretty, strong like a warrior, and has the kindest heart!" He went on to talk about one of his best friends, and it did lighten up Minato.

When the father and son first meet, Naruto punches Minato in the stomach and expounds about his horrible childhood.

In essence, the Fourth Hokage is proud of his boy. He didn't give up on hope.

Before Naruto leaves the dimension, Minato clarifies that a much more dangerous man is seeking power. Arguably, a more wicked mastermind than Pain. The boy became interested to know who it was, and his father could only say it was the Akatsuki member with the mask. Naruto looked baffled; he didn't know anyone that wore a mask.

Hell. The Akatsuki members have distinct appearances.

Naruto has encountered many of them but not this one person.

Not Obito.

He doesn't see it, but his father has a solemn face. "I hate to tell you this, Naruto, but it's time for you to get going." Minato can feel his blue eyes stung with emotions. He may not be with his son in the living but is always on his side in the afterlife. Naruto shakes his head, "I need to know more! How can I find this person?!" He urges his father to spill more information.

Sadly, Minato can't because he has no clue where Obito is or his next plan. The only thing the Hokage can say to his son is good luck and hope he'll find his opponent. Naruto's eyes began to fill with tears, "Thank you, otou-san. I'll tell my friends about you." He promised. Minato chuckles before saying his final words. "I love you, my child. Take care." His mellow-sounding voice echoes as the lights go out.

"Na...ruto."

The boy hears a familiar voice calling out his name.

"Naruto!"

He jolts to regain consciousness.

"It's me, Misa!"

What felt like someone kicking his stomach brought him back to reality. Naruto gasped as if he was losing oxygen in his lungs. The Kyuubi chakra dispersed when he heard Misa's voice. He sits up to look around the area and sees the wooden barricade. Plus, he notices his friend running to him.