twenty-two

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
The Unspoken

───────

Tension is rising.

Misa's eyes are scrutinized the pair. She has no clue why Nanami defended Itachi right when set foot onto the field. When patiently waiting for a response, Misa discovered skittish expressions on their faces. "Please, don't hate me once I tell you everything." Nanami tells her. The ebony-haired girl sighs and relaxed her firm muscles. Misa takes a glance at Itachi. He doesn't have that cold-chilling gaze. It's more of a subtle look. "Alright." She simply puts it, indicating that she will listen to them.

Nanami closed her eyes for a second, she is relieved. Then, it all happens. Nanami steps in first to explain. "During those times when you were with Sasuke, we had an unexpected encounter. I had the same reaction as you did but, after awhile, Itachi has been opening up to me in a personal manner because I gave him my trust. He told me things that has been hidden from the shinobi world. That's when I had sympathy for him. Soon, we've been seeing each other in private. What I am trying to is that, we are," the young woman pauses and can feel Itachi placed a hand on the small of her back, "real lovers." She confirms to Misa.

That was the secret.

Itachi can read the deep in the Akiyama's eyes that she is stunned despite that blank expression. Misa tries to find words to utter. After a few minutes, she can comprehend her thoughts. "Does he make you happy?" The question came out as blunt yet she is serious about the subject. Nanami didn't expect it from her but, she says with full confidence, "Yes. I cherish his kindness, and he treats me like I am the most important person to him." Itachi looks at her, he can feel his heart did a flip.

She conveyed how she thinks of him, and he was genuinely glad that he does make her happy. The reason being is that Itachi does his best of sneaking out from the Akatsuki hideout only to see Nanami. Misa noticed when they made eye-contact, it was their way of showing affection. She step closer to Nanami and holds her hand. "I am not angry or hate you. I wanted to know if you were being honest. From the looks of it, I can tell it's a deep connection." Misa feels Nanami tightening the grip. The Sato woman spoke, "Arigatou for understanding." She thanks her best friend.

That's when Misa turns her attention to Itachi. "What should I consider you as?" She asked the older Uchiha. Not to mention, she is his brother's lover. Itachi delivers a response, "It depends however you want to view me." He gives her the option if Misa would consider him as comrade or a traitor. Nanami watches the two interact, she can sense a calming aura between them rather than intense energy.

Misa furrows her thin brows, "I," she stops for a second, "I don't want to have an issue being around you. It displeases me to see my friend get upset that I cannot rely on you. So, I am willing to know your story, Itachi." Misa is convinced to hear about his whole background, especially when Nanami told her that he has untold facts.

He is quite hesitant but, what matters the most is letting himself to not hide away from his past. "Alright. I'll tell you everything, in regards to why Sasuke has a strong hatred." Just like with Nanami, he reveals Misa an insight of his life. Itachi now realizes that he has another person to trust.

"That went well." Nanami grins contentedly.

The lovers are walking hand-in-hand, and making their way back to the Leaf Village. Itachi sighs, "You made me apologize to her when it wasn't me that fought her in the Suna mission months backs." Indeed, Nanami forced the man to say he is sorry. Itachi pouts his lips; Nanami couldn't help but squeal. "It's so odd yet adorable when you do it." She is used to his serious face that rarely gives out emotions.