twenty

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
Hope

───────

Electric currents are hissing through the air.

Misa had seen Kakashi using Raikiri in their past missions. It will be the first-ever time she'll have to fight against the lighting weapon—a dangerous yet powerful jutsu. Kakashi has the advantage in one attack. Misa lowers her head in dismay. She lost her confidence. Kakashi can read his student's body language through his visible eye.

He tries to lighten her up, "Being discouraged will not get you to anywhere. As your sensei, I believe in you, Misa." The man reassured the girl. Kakashi sends an eye smile, indicating that he has faith in her. After taking his words to heart, Misa lifts her head. She can feel a sudden change of emotion: bravery and determination. "Arigatou, sensei." She thanks the elite shinobi. Then, a flash of silver came right before her eyes. Kakashi's Sharingan is blazing crimson red with the Raikiri.

Misa reverts her body to dodge his swings. She begins performing a jutsu before he can get closer. "Konohanasakuya!" A rain of blue fire petals launched at the lighting bolts. Kakashi gasped; his jutsu went out in a second. Misa plays a smirk, "I haven't used that jutsu in a long time. It's kind of nice to bring it back." The Akiyama starts picking up the pace. She throws out multiple Taijutsu. As she suspected, Kakashi retaliates by doing the same thing. It's like they can predict each other's moves.

He caught her fist just an inch away from his face and kneed her in the stomach. Misa falls to the ground with a grunt. Kakashi speaks, "It would be best if you were more strategic on your moves or else the enemy will attack you back." He gives her criticism. Misa lacks in foreseeing an enemy by giving them more time to do whatever they want. She tends to hesitate.

The girl didn't make a verbal response other than a nod of acknowledgment. She listens to her sensei's words and stands right back up. Kakashi eyes Misa carefully. He is astounded that she has a lot of stamina. Tsunade must've taught her students about chakra control.

The ebony-haired girl forms hand seals; she brings in another jutsu. "Hyōton: Mangehyō!" Her eyes blared magenta as a barrage of ice darts set in motion and shoots at Kakashi. The adrenaline rush has him trying to escape the flying icicles. He swiftly avoids getting punctured into the flesh. Kakashi doesn't waste time by summoning a Shadow Clone and create Raiden. Misa's eyes are popping out of her socket. She has never seen that technique before. It's a sharp cord of lighting between her sensei and his clone. As Kakashi comes dashing forward, she quickly follows up with the Ice Release.

"Hyōton: Suishōheki!" Misa slams her palms onto the ground. Multiple ice crystals formed to make a wall. Kakashi and his double break through the wall, and shards of icicles burst in thin air. The clone disappears but to his surprise is that Misa is out of sight. He uses the Sharingan to detect her signature chakra around the field. Kakashi becomes flabbergasted; he senses nothing. The Jōnin is dense yet waits for further notice if she'll ever appear. In his peripheral vision, ice senbons cut strands of his hair. Kakashi can feel his heart is beating rapidly. He checks his surroundings to make sure he isn't in a Genjutsu.

Everything turns out to be real.

Suddenly, Kakashi witnesses Misa popping out of the bushes. She throws a painful fist to the gut. He groans in pure agony to be swung backward, and his form slams against the trees. Misa's expression is fierce. He has never seen her like this in a while. However, it does show a change of her innocent nature. From Misa's perspective, she doesn't hear him say anything. That's when she picks up static noises. Kakashi comes out to the opening promptly and has the Raikiri in his hand. Misa tries to think of something but, a sudden fear overlaps her confidence. She takes cover by crossing her arms.