nineteen

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗
You & Me

───────

Taking a deep breath, Itachi turns around to face Kisame.

The former Nami no Kuni shinobi didn't expect to see such expression from the man. Itachi's stoic behavior would be typical for Kisame and the rest of the Akatsuki members. However, being concerned and a bit emotional was out of the ordinary. Kisame was puzzled, almost as if he sees a ghost. The rain was rushing down on the Uchiha's head, and he cared less about it. Parting his lips, Itachi finally speaks to Kisame. "I am about to leave the Akatsuki."

Bewildered, the blue fleshed criminal raises a brow. "Am I hearing things from you?" Kisame asked Itachi, unsure if his partner is thinking clearly. The Uchiha shook his head as the raindrops get brushed off. "You are not because I am telling the truth." He spoke in an earnest voice. Kisame was a bit taken back; he didn't understand what Itachi meant by betraying. "Before I jump into questions, explain yourself first." The sword user whirls to enter the abandoned building that they are at, and Itachi follows him. He expected Kisame to attack him, but it seems like he is handling it quite well.

The two S-Ranked criminals are standing face-to-face under the same roof. "My otouto is one of the biggest reasons, and," Itachi pauses for a second and continues, "there is a woman on my mind." After telling his partner in crime, Kisame remains silent yet is astounded for that other reason. "There is no shred of light in the Akatsuki. A pathway we have chosen shows no mercy. Well, I can't seem to escape from the life that I remembered. Even though I made Sasuke hate me with passion, I still cared for him throughout the years. And, I found love again." Itachi tries to acknowledge Kisame that this whole nefarious act purposely has the world look down on him.

The sword user may have a blank expression, but he is internally appalled. Never in a million years would Kisame think the man has some solicitude for Sasuke and a woman. The first question that came out was, "Why?" Why start betraying at this time out of all moments? Itachi answers in a low voice, "I hate to break it to you. My death will soon occur." He knows his future. A bleak future where the world will not care. Except for one person.

"You are willing to betray the Akatsuki so you can stay with that woman. Am I right?" He asked Itachi. A simple nod came from him. "But you also have to make your otouto realize that you aren't the enemy, and it was the only way to let you live. Plus, you are trying to avoid your death." Kisame figures out the reasons like a puzzle. Despite not showing a tinge of emotion, he felt a cut over his heart. The man had a brief moment of remembering his deceased comrades. But when it comes to Itachi, he is the closest to being a brother.

Kisame laughs under his breath, "I suspected some strange behavior was coming from you. Before all of this, I've noticed you had a smile on your face when you returned from your break last week. Now, tell me, who is this woman that you are seeing?" He takes a seat on the ground so he can get comfortable. Ever since Itachi first met Nanami, whenever he approaches Kisame, he always had a smile on his face. The Uchiha is stunned but at the same time glad that his partner understands him. As the rain showers from the outside, he decides to sit down and have a casual talk.

"She is witty, fierce, and has a heart of gold. What struck my heart the most is her ethereal beauty."

Once drifting away from the village, three kunoichis are at a private training ground. The Fifth Hokage has her arms crossed while looking upon her students. After a month of Misa's return, Tsunade established mandatory sessions involving strength and endurance. She believes that it's time for her students to reach a higher level of fighting. The Senju admits that Sakura and Misa can defend themselves, but there is more for them to learn.