runnung away from...everything

hmmm what demon is following her? why? read on awesome ppl! comment and vote!

Chapter 9

Maybe I was crazy or maybe I was in the midst of early love,but standing there with my vampire teacher pushing me against the wall and kissing me made me lust for his body. But I had questions to ask and I needed answers...now. I push him off of me breaking the kiss.

"Why is a demon following me?" His grin disappears as he stares at me. Well if he was gonna wait so was I. I didn't have to be home anytime soon. I cross my arms and sit in the nearest desk waiting for his response.

Mr.Shawn's POV

She pushed me away. After the amazing kiss we just shared she pushed me away. I don't know why I was hurt about that but I was. Katie was different than the other girls I've slept with in this school including woman teachers. But Katie was vulnerable. So fragile like a fine jewel that has to be handled carefully or she'll break. I shouldn't feel this way I'm a prince for god's sake.But staring at her sitting in that desk with her arms crossed trying to look angry I couldn't help it.

Finally I answer her question "You are mine. The future princess of my kingdom. Your decision can influence the world. Some things ,like demons, will stop at nothing to kill you. Without you nothing can hold them back from starting a war against my people and killing every one of us. We'll need to feed on humans to keep our strength up so your humans are in danger too"

"And so I have a prince to protect me from demons? Why didn't I see it coming?" She smacks herself in the head and I feel a joint of pain go through me. When she hurts I'll hurt too. Our bond is powerful. Nothing can break it. Well...almost nothing. I run to her and grab her wrist before she can hurt herself again.

"Don't do that. Please." My voice is barely a whisper. It shouldn't have been her to carry the fate of the world on her shoulders. Bu it was on my shoulders too. I had to be strong.

"But why me? I mean my friends,family, and you. All of you could die. I don't know why they would chose me" Tears are streaming down her face and she was looking at me with sad eyes.

Anger crept up in me. Not at her but at the people who chose her. I couldn't control it. "You're right. They should've chosen a stronger seer. You're too soft. I should've knwon you wouldn't care about my race. My kingdom. Or did you  forget their your race too? You and your puny friends and family will die along with the rest of us." I spit this out with no control. I only realize what I just said when I look at Katie's face. Hurt and anger flashed in her eyes,tears streaming down her face like a waterfall. I instantly regretted it.

Reaching out to touch her face I start to say,"Katie I~" But before i could finish she slaps my hand away and pushes me. I don't stumble but I'm surprised. Before I could even try to apologize though she runs out the door crying.