Revealed

ohh A TWIST....

Chapter 28

Katie's POV

I was going to tell her everything. Even if it kills me. I sigh and he leans back agaunst the wall. I lean forward and start my story.

"It was the middle of the war. They were in the castle. We were running. I was only 5. My dad held my hand and him and my mom were running really fast like the speed of light. We were turning a dark corner and a man stopped us. He had a kid spirit I could tell. He smiled at me and then looked at my father. I didnt see anything else because my dad put his cloak on me and handed me to the man. The man said 'I will care for her as my own child and promise to keep her safe as my name is Orpheus and I serve the vampire kingdom well.'

"My dad stepped forward and said 'You must not let them find her. She is our last hope. the oracle may not kill anyone else of the vampiric kingdom.' The man nodded and took me in his arms. Behind us I heard shouting and loud crashes. The man ran faster but I called out for my parents."

Kasper was silent so I continued.

"The man dropped me off at an orpanage. Before he let me go he said'Your parents are dead. I must not keep you anymore for I must fight hard to keep you safe. Do not tell anyone who you are." Then he left me with a slip of paper that had my name and date of birth on it. I was collected into the orphanage. Then one day a man and women came ang took me. They had other children. & of them. They became my new family"

I finished the story. I looked at Kasper and he stared back at me. The slowly he said,"But do you know who killed your parents?"

I took a deep breath. "Yes. While we were running a man was watching us. He was among the other men surrounding my parents who were on the ground bleeding. He was holding a knife and he was old like Orpheus. His eyes told me everything. I didn't know his name until I heard Orpheus whisper 'Vacashni you will never have her.' Then I looked at the man again. He was smiling."

I looked at Kasper again. He gasped and said,"We must warn the others." He got up and ran to the bars holding us in the cell. He banged on them and they opened and a man came through. He was wearing robes and had a smirk on his face.

"Ready to die?" he asked us smiling.

Kasper wasted no time. "We know who killed my parents."

The man's smile wavered and he sat down on the cold,hard ground.

At the same time him and Kasper said one name that sent chills down my spine.

"Vacashani"