The ending pt.1

Chapter 35

Kasper's POV

After I heard the scream I ran in the direction of it. Orpheus was right behind me. I ran faster until I got to a dark oak wooden door. Katie was in there. I just knew it.

Not checking to see if it was locked or not I kicked it down and saw Katie against the wall with Kante leaning over her. Rage filled me and I walked nehind him grabbing his robe and throwing him against the wall on the other side of the room.

I motioned to Orpheus to get  Katie out of here and he gladly agreed. Then I took the rest of the men and walked to Kante. He had gotten up from the floor brushing the debris off his clothes. The wall behind him was dented in. He looked me in the eyes with rage and fury and I was sure my eyes matched his.

He stood up straighter and said, "Wow brother, You've gotten strong." But before I could reply Kante sent me and the other men rushing towards the other wall. We hit it hard and slid down it to the floor. Kante ran past us out into the hallway laughing.

I got up and followed him using the sound of his laughter to guide me. It brought me to a room with mirrors on every wall. Every inch of the room was covered in glass and reflective even the floor. It was small and suffovating, but a I couldn't think about that.

Across the room, standing defiantly, was Kante. Alone.

"Oh brother I thought it would be more fun to fight you alone rather than having my army defeat you," Kante says his face twisted into a nasty smirk.

"It's okay. Makes it easier for me to kill you." I say as we start circling each other.

He laughs. A laugh that echoes off the mirrors and sounds horrible. He looks at me and smiles widely. "You will not kill me," he says his laughter dissolving after he sees the look on my face.

"Watch me." I say and I lunge at him grabbing his neck in my hands. He takes my arms and twists them back and I use the oppurtunity to flip him behind me into the mirrored wall.

He gets up just as fast and pushes me against the opposite wall. I struggle , but he's got me in a strong grip.I grab his arm trying to get him to let go of me. He laughs and reaches behind him.

I panic and watch as he unsheathes a stake. He comes close and whispers in my ear. "You chose to damn your own brother. Even though your parents never wanted you. Now I choose to damn you. Have fun in hell, brother. We will all, sincerely, miss you."

He brings the stake down and pierces my chest.