running

Chapter  32

I was hugging Orpheus for I don't know how long. After what felt like minutes though, Kasper comes behind me and grabs my waist pulling me back to him.

"Ah I see my young girl has found someone to love," Orpheus says to kasper. " Oh and you changed her?" At this Orpheus raised his eyebrows and Julian comes to stand by us finally figuring out who Orpheus is.

"Yes sir and I am fully prepared to take whatever punishment you want to give me for dating Katie without your permission."

I raise my eyebrows at this. Since when does Kasper submit to anyone? Ever? Orpheus laughs away Kasper's proposal and turns to the men behind him.

"Cascus. Go and take the men to Kasper's house. We will meet you there. I would like to test Katie's running skills. Take this young man's car and go there," Orpheus says gesturing to Julian.

Then he turns back to the men and stares at them accusingly. "And please abide by the speed limit this time."

All the men nod guiltily and get in Julian's car. The next moment they're speeding off leaving Kasper, Julian, Orpheus, and I behind.

"Now," says Orpheus," we will test your running. From here to the house you will run. Keep track of your feet and do not lose focus on how your surroundings.  Now go."

"Waiy shouldn't I go with her?" Kasper says holding my waist tighter. I didn't even realize his hand we're still there.

"No , she must learn on her own. Unless you want to keep standing here over your brother's lair contemplating it?" Orpheus suggests.

With a heavy sigh, Kasper lets go of my waist and whispers in my ear, "Good luck and be careful, Katie." I smile knowing how concerned he is and that he wasn't still mad at me for denying my love for him.

"I know," I say as I kiss him softly on the lips. Then he,Julian, and Orpheus raced off in the direction of my house in a blur leaving me standing in the graveyard.

I look around and focus on my surroundings just like Orpheus said and started running. I was running a regular speed at first until the street started to blur until they were just smearings of color.

I realized I was running like a vampire and I started laughing. I was doing it! I was really doing it and it felt great!

Suddenly my feet flew from under me and I fell to the ground. Since I was going so fast I fell on my face and went sliding down the pavement landing right at the end of my driveway. I lay there for a few minutes until I feel a warm liquid sliding down my cheek. I touched it and pulled my hand back coming face to face with my own blood.

"Damn. Kasper is going to kill me," I say before I pass out at the sight of the blood.