THE END (FOR REAL)

Chapter 38

Katie's POV

It was so boring. I was sitting in Kasper's English class almost falling asleep. I was going to talk to him after class, but I was so tired from the day that all I wanted was to skip and go home and sleep for the next two million years.

I leaned my head back on the chair and closed my eyes. I stayed like that until the bell rang startling me from the half sleep I was in. I groaned and got my stuff together, getting up to walk out the class.

"Katie can you stay for a minute please?" Kasper said to me from his desk. I turned to look at him and dropped my stuff on the ground forcefully by the door. I kept looking at Kasper until the rest of the class left. Once the last student had left and closed the door by Kasper's request he smiled at me.

"I saw you falling asleep in class today. I would've given you a detention but you looked so cute." he grinned at me, clearly enjoying my company. After a few minutes when I didn't say anything his smile fell. He must've read my mind.

"You spied on me," he stated his emerald green eyes staring into mine intently. I couldn't hold that stare. I looked away, my eyes immediately filling with tears.

With my face still turned I said, "Yes." A single tear fell down my cheek and soon it was coming down like a waterfall. I swiped furiously at my face trying to wipe the tears away before Kasper could see them.

In a flash, Kasper was at my side. He sat me down at the nearest desk and got on his knees wiping away my tears.

"Katie I'm so so so sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Please," he said sincerely. I took a chance and looked at his face. Tears were falling down his face and he wasn't doing anything to wipe them away. He was just staring at me, sadness filling his eyes.

I wiped my tears and put my hand on his, which was on my cheek. I stared at him, trying to find the slightest hint of untruth in his eyes but there was none. He truly meant that apology.

I look at him and say,"I love you too."

He hugged me tight and promised to never hurt me again. But I blocked it out. Not that I was still mad, it was just I was in love. I had never been in love before. It felt great. So dangerous, but so amazing.

"Kasper I'm tired. I really want to go home and sleep." I say into his shoulder. He was holding me tight and I was kind of running out of oxygen. He pulled back and noticed my red face. "Sorry. I'll take you home. I have no more classes for today." I nod and we walk to the door. He picks up my bag and carries it out to the parking lot. We walk towards a bright red Camaro SS.

We get into the car and he throws my things in the back. It was a pretty hot day so Kasper let down the windows and I leaned out of them.

"Careful. You might blow away," Kasper says from beside me as he backs out the school lot.

I smile and lean back in to punch him lightly. "I'll take you with me buddy," I say. he laughs his face and eyes lighting up. The wind was blowing back his hair and the sun was illuminating his head making him look like an angel.

I smile. This man next to me had my heart and made me feel happy in a way no one else can. I loved him and I knew he loved me right back. I leaned back against the seat and watched the man of my dreams drive with a smile on his face.

I feel the right words to say so I just say them. "I love you."

He grabs my hand and kisses it, then looks at me with a look of intense love and care. A look I would never forget. This was my happy ending.

"I love you too."