to die trying

um...just read!

Chapter 18

Katie's POV

It was Sunday. I knew because yesterday was the day Kasper told me he loved me. The day I had the vision about the oracle.

The day a demon tried to kill me.

Good things happen to good people. Or that's how it should be. I was in the hospital for a day. Only one day because my wounds weren't that serious. But my family is taking it seriously. They've kept me in my bed for hours no. Coming upstairs only to bring me food. Even though there was no great damage I was weak. Walking was out of th question.

The doctors say I can go back to school on Wednesday. But that was too long a wait. I missed Kasper. The way he looked at me with those beautiful eyes. His soft voice and the way his arms felt around me. Protecting me. Making me feel safe.

I heard my window open and close and saw the silhouette of a person. I tensed up. The figure walked torwards me and turned on my light. I sighed in relief when I saw that it was only Julian.

"Hey. Your brother wouldn't let me in so I had to sneak in through the window. Are you okay?" he asks in a soft voice. Barely a whisper. I had to tell him what was bothering me. Why I have to be around Kasper all the time. It was to keep him safe. To protect him.

" Julian I have something to tell you," I say. He nods and lays down next to me. Playing with my hair.

Then he says,"Whatever it is has got you down. I can't even read your mind." I look at him in annoyance.

"Stop trying to read my mind and listen," I say quietly. He nods and I continue. "Julian I had a vision. It was of the oracle."

I look at his face and see concern and symapathy in his eyes. Looking into those eyes and thinking about what could happen to Kasper I broke down. After a few minutes Julian managed to console and I could finally say what I wanted to say.

"Julian. The oracle are planning to..to kill Kasper and me!" Julian gasps and I start crying again. It was to much to bear. Julian hugs me tightly gainst his chest and says,"Don't worry Katie. We'll stop them. Or I'll die trying. Just don't worry."