the end pt.2

Chapter 37

Katie's POV

After Kasper woke up we took him back to his house since the kids were probably at mine. Kasper leaned on me the whole way so I can't say I'm not tired but at least he's alive.

When Kasper told me to not be sorry I ran to him and hugged him. He was still so weak from being so close to death. Orpheus went to take care of Kante's ashes and and his lair. I'm pretty sure they were going to trash it. The old men were very happy when they left.

As for Kasper and I,we had the weekend off. It was friday and we had already missed school for a week. My mom and dad we're coming home on Monday so they wouldn't know about my mysterious absence.

"Katie come here," Kasper says from the couch in his living room. I forgot I was standing in his kitchen staring at nothing.

I walk to him and kneel down at his so our faces were inches apart. He puts his hand under my chin and looks in my eyes.

"Katie there is one thing I have been dying to tell you ever since I almost actually died," he says softly.

I look at him afraid of what he was going to say. "What is it?"

He looked at me,his eyes filled with love and adoration.

"I love you so so much," he says. Then he kisses me.

" What is it, Kasper?"I ask worried he was going to try and leave.

"I love you," he says and then he kisses me.

**Monday**

"Where have you been," Claire asks me on Monday. We were walking to lunch and she was throwing questions at me left and right.

"For the last time Claire, I was sick. I had to stay home." I say with a sigh. If I could I would tell Claire everything but I can't.

"Well how come Mr. Shawn was out too?" she asks staring at me suspiciously. This girl could be a professional interrogator if she tried.

I didn't bother answering. I just put my books in my locker and and closed it. As soon as it was closed Annabelle, Taylor, Matt, and Casey all swarmed me asking if I  was okay and what had happened.

I yell over the noise, "You guys I'm fine! Quit worrying!'

"Good thing you are. I missed you and your sexy butt," Matt kids looking at my butt. I smack him aside his head and everyone laughs. We were used to Matt's jokes. They get stupider every time.

We all turned and started walking to the cafeteria. On the way there we walked past Kasper's room and I couldn't help,  but look in. He was sitting at his desk talking to a student. It was Mackenzie. she was head bitch and slut in the school and slept with everything that walked.

She was leaning over the Kasper's desk, purposely showing him a good veiw of her boobs from her low neck shirt. What surprised me was when she went around the desk and sat on his lap with her legs open to his torso just like I did the first time.

I gasped when she leaned in closer and when her lips were about an inch away from his I looked away deciding that was all I needed to see. Or wanted to see.

"Hey Katie you coming or what?" Taylor yells. They had walked in front of me while I was spying on Kasper.

I nod not trusting my voice to speak. I walk to catch up to them and shake my head willing tears not to fall.

I knew one thing for sure. Kasper needed to explain some things.