2nd of April

It was a normal Friday afternoon. I was hanging out with some of my classmates and we drank. It was something we normally did. However, today was different. I drank too much. I drank so much that I couldn't think straight anymore. I've never been straight in the first place but that's another story.

So long story short, I was completely drunk, hanging out with a friend of mine, Shirabu. We were in my room just trash talking and flirting with each other. We always did, as a joke. Our relationship was just platonic and it would stay like this forever.

"Hey Semi, I heard of this app. It's called countdown. We should definitely check it out", he said. "Sure but what's it about?", I asked. "It is an app that is supposed to show when you'll die", he responded. "Do you think it's accurate?", I asked. Shirabu always acted as if he didn't care about his life. I think he didn't. I did the same with the difference that I cared. I didn't want to die. I wanted to live. I wasn't scared of dying. Not yet. I wasn't anywhere near dying. I ate healthily, went outside for two hours a day and I didn't do any risky things. Additionally, I didn't have any allergies or anything similar. All in all, I was healthy. "Of course not. And even if, who cares", Shirabu said. He had already opened the Appstore. "Are you sure about it?", I asked. I was. "Of course. Those are just some numbers'', Shirabu said. "I know, it's still scary", I replied. "Oh, are you scared Semi? I didn't know you were such a coward", he said in a mocking tone. "Of course not, I just wanted to check if you're scared", I said. I lied. "Okay cool. Let's install it together", he said. Of course, I had to as well. But how it always is when you're drunk, you don't care. "Sure, let's do it", I therefore replied.

After we installed it, I was scared of opening it. Did I really want to know it? "Just open it already", Shirabu said annoyed. "Chill", I responded. Shortly after, I opened it. I was greeted with the usual terms and conditions, which I had to agree to first. After that, there was just a box in which 'Your countdown is ready. Do you accept your fate?' was written. It scared me and I hesitated. Shirabu already agreed but wouldn't show me his until I accepted as well. I tried to tell myself how it wasn't that scary. It was just an app with some numbers. It wasn't real. It was just existing to scare some gullible people. People like me.

"Gosh, just do it already, coward", Shirabu said, grabbing my phone and clicking at 'accept'. It didn't work and just stayed the same. He tried it again but nothing changed. "You broke it", I said accusingly. "Did not", he argued. "Just give it back to me again", I said and he gave me my phone. I tried if it really was broken and clicked on accept. It was the only button available. This time it worked. I wasn't sure if I should be impressed or scared. I probably was both.

𝟻, 𝟷𝟺𝟸