2nd of April

The App opened and I heard some weird sounds and felt my phone vibrating. My torch was blinking as well. It was scary. Who programs stuff like that?

"Gosh, you're such a coward. Just look", Shirabu said. He was annoyed. "Calm your tits", I responded. It was just some numbers. Calm down. They wouldn't have any influence on my real life. Stop being a coward. You got this.

After I convinced myself to finally look, I regretted it immediately. I only had 5 years, 142 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes and 32 seconds left. That was way too less. Five years were nothing, looking at the fact that I was only 15. I wouldn't even reach my 21st birthday. I would die before. But it wasn't accurate. I would have a long, happy life. Nothing would happen.

"What did you get?", Shirabu asked. "I got 5 years and 142 days", I replied. "Lucky you, I have to live for 19 years and 34 days", Shirabu said. "You want to switch", I asked out as a joke. Yet, I wished we could. 19 years sounded way better than 5. "You know that you can upgrade your results through watching a video clip. Those guys want to make some money from gullible people", Shirabu replied, getting me excited. "I'll do it, what could I possibly lose?", I said, already clicking on the Upgrade button.

How I was wrong. After watching the clip, my phone vibrated and showed a negative 5. After that, the five years got subtracted from my phone. It now showed a red zero instead of the white 5 from before. I almost gasped. Did this make me lose 5 freaking years? The only real time I had left?

I should just watch another one. As I was about to click on the box in which 'Upgrade' was previously written. It was gone. You could only upgrade once and I had the luck to get a negative upgrade.

Shirabu didn't upgrade. He didn't want to. "Hey, how much did you get", Shirbau asked me after he saw me staring at my phone for several minutes. "I got plus 25 years", I lied. "That's good. Well, try living without me", he replied. He thought that I would live 9 years more than him. He didn't know that I would die, rather that my countdown ended in 5 months. Probably less. I wouldn't tell him. he would just make fun of me. This wasn't actually accurate. It was a joke. Right?

142