3҉0҉

24th of August

I woke up, panting, crying, sobbing, screaming, I didn't know anymore. It was dark around me and I didn't know where I was. Was I dead or alive? I could still feel the input the car had left or was it just the hard ground I fell onto? Was Eita dead or was this just a dream, a nightmare? I hoped it was. I couldn't survive his death again, not that I survived it the first time.

After I cleared my thoughts, I grabbed my bike and drove all the way to the house of Eita's grandparents. I needed to know what was happening. I need to know what was real and what was fake.

I cried the whole time, so when Eita's grandmother opened the door, she just let me in without a second thought. I rushed up to Eita's room, just to find him lying on his bed, unconscious. But maybe he was sleeping, I hoped he did. I rushed to him and shook him until I heard a grunt, "Just let me sleep". I cried again, this time out of happiness. He wasn't dead. It was all just a nightmare. A terrible, terrible nightmare.

After a while of me hugging him and crying on his shoulder, he said something, "Hey Kenji, what are you doing here? And why are you crying? Did something happen?". "I had a nightmare, an awful one," I just responded, slightly ashamed. "A nightmare? But why did you drove all the way here?" he asked. I could tell that he was really confused. "I needed to make sure you're alive," I responded. "Aww how cute of you but for real, please explain it to me," he said.

After I told him about everything, I felt him engulfing me in a hug. "It's going to be alright. This app is just a bluff, I'm alive even though my timer ran out. I'm not going to leave you," he said. "Thank you. But why weren't you responding to my messages, it scared me," I asked. "Oh that was because my phone died and I forgot my charger at home, do you maybe have one with you?" he asked.  "I actually do," I responded, handing him over the charger.

He continued to calm me while his phone was charging. Soon enough, it turned on, revealing 23 new messages from 'Kenji ♡'. I assumed that was me. Shit, I totally forgot about those messages.

"So you were really scared, huh?" he asked teasingly. "Yes, I was. Please don't open them and save my life with it," I said. I didn't want this to end like that.

He still read the messages. After he put his phone away, there was silence. Too much and too awkward. He now knew my feelings for him but didn't say anything. Why couldn't he just respond? It wasn't that hard.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally spoke up, "Do you mean what you wrote here? That I'm your favourite person and that you love me?" he asked. I did and it wouldn't use anyone if I denied it. "Yeah I do," I just responded, looking down at my hands.

Again there was silence until I felt Eita grabbing my shoulders and pulling me into a kiss.

So he liked me back? That was the only thought I had before I lost my ability to think. The only thing I could think about right now was the feeling of his lips against mine. It was the best I've ever felt.

The app wasn't that bad after all, was it?

a/n:
I really enjoyed writing this story. If anyone is curious, the app is fake, I tried it and my timer ran out but I'm still alive lol
This is an alternative ending, chose whichever you like best (: