2҉6҉

13th of August

It was the 4th week of summer vacation and Eita and I decided to go on a bike tour. Eita actually planned on staying inside the whole day but I somehow convinced him not to. It's been way too hot for the last weeks and today it would be a bit colder so we had to do something. It was still very hot but it was bearable.

Once, we started cycling, we began to sweat but that was alright. Our destination was a beautiful lake where we would be able to cool off. It was the only thing we were looking forward to.

Soon, we left the street behind and drove through a forest. The trees protected us from the sunlight, at least a bit. Eita was smiling and I did too. We enjoyed every bit of shadow there was.

Once we arrived, we dropped our bikes and backpacks, which contained food beneath a tree, quickly changed and then sprinted towards the lake. The water was pleasantly refreshing and we couldn't swim and dive enough. I enjoyed diving. Especially when it was hot. The feeling of cold water on my skin was one of the best things ever.

When we got tired, we went out of the water and sat down on a picnic blanket Semi brought, where we drank water and ate pizza rolls. They were really delicious and one of the best things you could eat on a sunny day. Sure, ice cream would have been better but it would have melted on our way here.

After we were dry, we put on sunscreen, let it sink in and then went back into the water. Eita suggested that we should try to swim to the other shore and I agreed. The lake wasn't that big and I would be able to dive whenever I wanted. When we almost reached the other shore, Eita told me that we should swim back. We didn't know if there were any seashells or maybe cullets on the ground and we surely didn't want to hurt ourselves.

The way back took a bit longer because we were a bit exhausted but we still reached the little beach rather quickly. We immediately laid down on the picnic blanket which was luckily in the shadow of some trees and just closed our eyes.

We then ate the last few pizza rolls and talked a bit. Eita told me that he didn't want to go outside today because it was Friday the 13th and I assured him that nothing would happen to him. Normally, I would have made fun of him for believing in such nonsense but today I didn't feel like it.

Way too soon, it started to get dark and we needed to cycle back. It was way harder than the way to the lake because we were really, really exhausted but the time passed quickly and before we knew it, we were at Eita's home. I dropped him off before cycling to mine.

Once home, I changed and brushed my teeth before immediately dropping onto my bed. I was too tired to do anything else and just wanted to sleep.

𝟿