2҉4҉

23rd of July

"Hey, Shirabu, how are you?" Semi greeted me when I opened the door. He stood in front of my door, two popsicles in his hands. "I'm great, please come in, the heat is killing me," I replied. Summer vacation finally started and we didn't have to go to school anymore. I spend the last week in my room, drinking ice-cold water while eating ice cream, ice cubes and frozen grapes. During that time, Semi and I either chatted or called but never met up. Neither of us wanted to go outside but today Semi finally came over.

He acted a bit strange but he did that for about a week now. I didn't know what was up with him but I just ignored it. It didn't change anything between us so why should I bother to think about it. I've already spend too much time thinking about him, so why should I look for something that would make me think about him even more?

Semi and I decided to make ice cream. It was rather a cold smoothie than ice cream but it was delicious nonetheless. We basically put frozen raspberries into the blender, added a bit of milk and a banana and blended it. It was quick to make and the best ice cream smoothie whatever I've ever tasted. I would definitely make it more often.

After we finished the ice cream, which was a lot, Semi shuffled our Playlist and we started playing My Little Big Planet 3. He didn't want to play Mario Cart because he always lost and we both really liked My Litlle Big Planet so we just played this instead. It was really fun and we finished a lot of levels and beat three end bosses.

We then ate ice cubes for lunch and watched a series in my room. It was really fun but we soon got tired so we just listened to music and talked from time to time.

"I just wanted to tell you that you are my best friend and you mean a lot to me. You've become the most important person in my life over the past months. I'm glad I texted you back then and we got to know each other," Semi suddenly stated, catching me by surprise. Maybe that was why he was acting strange. "You are my best friend as well. I can't describe how much you mean to me and I am so glad that we became friends. I wouldn't want anybody else to be my best friend," I replied. We then hugged and just stayed like this for a while.

Way too soon the day ended and Semi had to go home. But that was alright because I knew that he would text me as soon as he arrived home and that we would probably chat for the rest of the day. Just thinking about Semi made me smile. He was the best thing that ever happened to me.

𝟹𝟷