2҉3҉

14th of July

Tendo convinced me to hang out with him today so I sadly couldn't hang out with Shirabu. I really missed him although it's only been five days since I last saw him and we chatted every day.

"You're finally here, took you long enough," Tendo greeted me. "Sorry, I took the wrong bus," I said. "Fine, come in," Tendo replied.  I immediately went to the kitchen and got a glass, filled it with seven ice cubes, poured a little raspberry syrup into it and filled the rest with ice-cold water. This was by far my favourite drink and the only way for me to survive summer.

Tendo just grabbed a can of energy and went to his room. I followed him and we sat down on the floor of his room. It was very cold and exactly what I needed. School today was terrible. The class rooms were as hot as a Sauna and outside it was even worse. Luckily, the principal decided that every lesson would be 30 minutes long instead of 45 so we could go earlier. We didn't have normal lessons anway. The marks were fixed and nobody payed attention in class so it was rather unimportant.

"What is going on with you and Shirabu?" Tendo asked and I chocked on my water. "What do you mean?" I asked. What was he talking about? Did somehting happen? "You guys are close, like really, really close," he replied. "Yeah, we're friends, good ones," I responded. "Okay but you don't act like friends," Tendo argued. "We do though," I said. "No you don't. You guys constantly flirt with each other. Yes, you did that before as well but only when you were drunk. Furthermore, you hang out quite a lot and you text on a daily basis and not just hello and how are you but you keep an actual conversation. Additonally, you blush a lot around him and you even hugged him even though it was hot outside. You never hug somebody when it's hot outside, like never," Tendo stated and I could feel my face heat up. I didn't really notice the way I acted around Shriabu but now that Tendo mentioned it, I really did act strange.

"And your point is," I asked. "You have a crush on Shirabu," Tendo said. "No, he's just a friend," I replied. That was when Tendo started to laugh really hard. "Why are you laughing?" I asked. I was more than confused. "Not important. But please, Semi, it's way too obvious. Why won't you accept it?" Tendo responded. He was right. I did love Shirabu but I couldn't admit it. Why? Becasue of the countdown. I wasn't sure if I would actually die, I highly doubted it but what if. What if I loved Shirabu and he loved me back and then we would get too attached and I would disappear, leaving him on his own. I wouldn't be able to deal with the guilt.

"It's because of that stupid timer, isn't it" Tendo asked. "Yes, it is," I admitted. "Just ignore it. You won't die so please just accept your feelings for Shirabu and confess," Tendo said. "I accepted them but I won't confess. Not yet. Once the countdown has run out, I will, I promise," I replied. "okay fine, if you don't, I will," Tendo responded.

For the rest of the day, we casually hung out. From time to time, he would tease me because of my feelings for Shirabu but I just ignored it. The first time I really thought about it. I had feelings for one of my best friends. I knew that this wouldn't end good.

𝟺𝟶