2҉7҉

17th of August

Today, Eita invited me to meet his parents but also his grandparents. They were spending the last two weeks of summer vacation there. When I arrived, I ringed the bell, hoping Eita would open and luckily he did. 

I said hello to his parents and grandparents before he dragged me towards his room. "You are going to get to know them later so let's spend some more time together while we have the chance to," Eita said and I agreed. 

When we sat down on his bed, he immediately pulled me into a hug. This hug was a little different though. Of course, it was, we were laying in his bed and not standing somewhere after all. But this time we were closer than we've ever been and I really liked this. I loved the feeling of his skin pressed against mine. 

After a few minutes, Eita connected his phone with a speaker and shuffled our favourite playlist. I silently thanked him by hugging him just a little stronger. He did the same and we just stayed like this. 

"Kenji, sorry if this is cheesy or anything but I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, you are my best friend and I hope I'll never lose you. Live without you is not the same and I hope we'll spend the rest of our lives together," Eita suddenly confesses. When he said that, my heart skipped a beat and I started blushing. It almost sounded like a love confession but I knew that he meant this solely platonic. 

"I love you too, you are the reason why I stand up every morning, chatting with you is the highlight of my day and I just can't describe just how much you mean to me," I stated. Now, he was blushing too. 

After that conversation, we both went silent and continued to hug each other while listening to the songs playing in the background. That was until his grandmother entered the room. She must have knocked but we somehow didn't hear it.

Once we realized she was there, we stopped hugging and sat next to each other on Eita's bed but it was already too late, she saw everything. "I didn't know you had a boyfriend," Eita's grandmother said. "He is not my boyfriend," he replied. "yet," she responded before leaving us alone. 

"I'm sorry, that's just how she is," Eita said, blushing a little. "Don't worry, I don't care. As long as you're okay with it, I don't mind," I replied and he smiled. We then went back to hugging each other until Eita's mother told us to come downstairs because lunch was ready. 

Luch was rather normal. His grandparents and also parents asked me a lot of questions. For example, if I was in a relationship or if I had a crush on someone to which I just replied with a simple no. They would also tell me how much Eita talked about me, making him blush a lot. Cute, I thought. 

After lunch, we went for a walk in a forest nearby. Eita and I walked together while the adults did the same. We just talked and enjoyed each other's presence and the shadow provided by the trees. 

Sadly, I had to go home as soon as we came back. My parents were making a fuss because I didn't text them and now I had to get home immediately. I quickly said goodbye, hugged Semi and then cycled back home. How I wished I could have stayed longer. 

𝟼