2҉5҉

3rd of August

Today, Shirabu and I decided to hang out. We would go to the cinema, get ice cream and then go to his place. The scariest part was that I would meet his parents. Not to say, I was really scared. What if they thought I was weird and hated me or what if I did something really embarrassing in front of them? I didn't even want to think about it because The longer I thought about it, the worse the things I imagined became.

"Let's go," Shirabu said as he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the cinema hall where the film we wanted to watch would play in a few minutes. I blushed a little because of the contact but just brushed it off. I didn't want Shirabu to get suspicious. That would ruin everything between us. No more constantly chatting with each other, no more hang-outs, no more late-night talks, no more hugs and no more discreet affection, no more Shirabu.

During the movie, our hands would brush against each other from time to time but I didn't really focus on that. Sure, it made me blush but the movie was highly interesting and took all my attention.

After the movie, we bought ice cream. I bought two scoops of lemon, they were my favourite in summer and Shirabu took one scoop of Raspberry and one of yogurt. Without thinking about it I asked him if I could taste his ice cream and to my surprise, he agreed. I really liked the flavours although I preferred lemon. Shirabu liked lemon as well as he ate at least half a scoop. I didn't mind though, as long as he was happy, I was happy as well.

We almost reached his home when he said something, making me blush. "Call me Kenjiro or Kenji, please," he said. "Why?" I asked. "Because otherwise it'll be confusing and we are best friends, aren't we?" he responded. He was right. "Okay, call me Eita then," I said and he agreed.

Way too soon we arrived. I was really scared but later I got more and more comfortable. I found out that Shirabu's parents were actually really nice although they weren't home that often. They really loved their son and after they realized Kenjiro and I were on a first-name basis, they asked us if we were dating. We denied, both blushing heavily. His patens just chuckled but didn't bring that conversation up anymore. I was glad they didn't, I wouldn't know how to handle it.

After dinner, we played a card game named Skippo which I really liked. It was complicated at first but after you played one or two rounds, it was really easy. Kenjiro won almost every round but that was okay, it still was very fun. When it started getting dark, Kenjiro and I hugged before I walked home.

This evening was one I would never forget. I really enjoyed spending time with Kenjiro and his family and I hoped that I left a good impression.

𝟸𝟶