Fifty

Tian Zhen Xin stood in front of the majestic buildings, the bold and giant words of Huang Xin Academy were carved onto the gate. A large crowd had formed even though the enrollment is tomorrow.

Tian Zhen Xin sighed and stood at a corner, she was feeling hot due to the mask and hat veil. Luckily she brought her special fan, so she fan herself while observed the crowd.

While observing, she noticed that someone had a piercing gaze on her as well, through the veil, she instantly located the person using her trained vision and senses and found a young man with a stern gaze on her, the guy seemingly sensed her gaze gulped but didn't back down, his gaze didn't contain any malice, it just feels like someone appraising her so Tian Zhen Xin just leave it be.

Hours of waiting, Tian Zhen xin still sensed that the guy would occasionally took a glance of her, and she would sometimes throw a few glances back at him and people that appraised her silently. She just let them be, she know her hat veil attracted unwanted attention but although is was uncommon for people to wear mask or hat veil, it is not weird either as she noticed some people had it on too. Also, there is no rule stated that mask or veil is prohibited.

Instead, the people would love it more since there won't be unnecessary commotion whether its a negative or positive effect. Because in this society, if you're ugly, you caused commotion, if you're beautiful, you caused commotion, if you're mysterious and unknown, people just look at you curiously and walk away.

Whatever glances and thoughts Tian Zhen Xin received from others, it was definitely better than causing commotion that's just like digging your own grave, Tian Zhen Xin only wanted to enjoy her lives to the fullest, relax and be lazy at her own pace.

"Where are you from?" Tian Zhen Xin were startled when someone suddenly went beside her and talked to her, she didn't even sense that person's presence approaching.

Tian Zhen Xin became wary of the guy that smiling innocently towards her, but she didn't showed it to him to avoid suspicions. "I travelled around, but mostly in Hu City, so you could say that I'm from there." She answered with Tian Ming Hao's backstory.

"Eh travelled around? Didn't you even have a birthplace?" The guy asked curiously. Tian Zhen Xin raised her eyebrow, "Do I have to tell you my live story?" She asked and the guy coughed, embarrassed by his question just now.

"Ehe... My name is Zhang Jian Mao, what's yours?" The guy named Zhang Jian Mao offered a handshake. Tian Zhen Xin glanced at his hand and just keep her folded hands still, "Tian Ming Hao." She answered shortly. Zhang Jian Mao felt embarrassed by the ignored handshake but just coughed it off, he realised he did cross a little boundary too since he know people that wearing veil usually avoid human interaction.

"Are you enrolling?" Zhang Jian Mao asked, Tian Zhen Xin who got a little sleepy just nodded. Zhang Jian Mao noticed the lack of response and decided to stop the interaction there, and just standing beside Tian Zhen Xin while waiting for the enrollment counter to open which is in a few more hours.

"Tian Ming Hao, the counter is opened!" Tian Zhen Xin were awoken from her nap by a small shake. She saw Zhang Jian Mao that had a gentle smile and the long line of people in the background and realised she fell asleep standing.

Tian Zhen Xin nodded and moved, followed by Zhang Jian Mao behind. After getting into the line, Tian Zhen Xin turned back to Zhang Jian Mao, "Thank you." She said shortly and bowed a little, the bow just now make her hat veil fluttered a little and revealed her beautiful gentle smile.

Zhang Jian Mao who catch a glimpse of the godly smile become embarrassed and just covered his blushing face. They didn't wait long since the counter is only to register name, while the tests took place inside of the academy.

Done with registration, Tian Zhen Xin moved to enter the academy but was stopped by the guards there. "Hat veil is not allowed." Tian Zhen Xin frowned and asked, "Is mask okay?" the guard nodded and Tian Zhen Xin sighed in relief. She took off her hat veil, revealing the shiny silver hair that glistened under the sunlight.

The guards were in daze, so as the others. Tian Zhen Xin smiled towards the guard and walk in after putting away her hat veil into her storage ring. Without her knowing, 'the newcomer with silver hair' had become a hot sensation even towards the senior students in the academy.

"Your...hair..." Zhang Jian Mao who followed behind still following Tian Zhen Xin. "Yeah, it's due to my mother's and my weak constitution that made my body unable to produce colour effectively, causing my hair to be silver in colour." Tian Zhen Xin answered while Zhang Jian Mao nodded.

"Okay, attention to all newcomers, we will now have all of you formed a team of maximum 5 person, you can choose to be individual, it's all up to you." One of the teachers came and announced.

Tian Zhen Xin already decided to go individual when she saw Zhang Jian Mao fidgeting, seemingly trying to talk to her about something. She sighed inwardly, "I'm going individually." Zhang Jian Mao heard her and sulked, like a sad dog, but in the end he decided to go individually too, rejecting a few offers of others.

"Why did you reject them?" Tian Zhen Xin asked. "I just... Don't like the aura around them." Zhang Jian Mao answered with a shy awkward smile and Tian Zhen Xin just nodded in understanding. The people just now do look like they have ulterior moves towards Zhang Jian Mao, if only they knew this meek person is actually an intermediate Sun Rank.

"This is a survival mission, you will be send to the forest inside of this academy and you must survived for 1 week inside, you will be given a jade plate, protect it, if your jade plate is broken, you would instantly be sent back here and considers fail." The teacher continued after the crowd finished distributing groups.

"There is no rule inside except murdering, I repeat, no rule except murdering." The teacher added before opening a teleportation gate, each newcomers take a jade plate and a wooden sword, before entering the teleport gate.