Twenty Three

Tian Zhen Xin opened her eyes slowly, she is now in a dark room, the weather is at its worse, with the thunderstorm and everything. The dark room occasionally lighten up when lightning flashed.

Tian Zhen Xin look at her hand and realised that it was a bit translucent, she can see the floor through her hands, which make her shock. "Hic-" A sound sounded which make Tian Zhen Xin look through the room immediately, looking for the sound.

Only then, she saw a girl hugging herself at the corner of the room. For some reason, she had a hard to describe feelings and a headache when she saw the scene. She was stuck at her place and didn't know what to do, everything is unfamiliar, yet familiar, which make her confuse.

"Bang!" The door to the room opened and a man walk in, as the room is dark and outside have occasionally light, the person is black like a shadow and his face is blurry. Tian Zhen Xin tried really hard to observe him but a pain in her chest suddenly struck her.

"Poor child..." The person which sounded like a man walk to the girl in the corner. He put his hand on her head and patted her. The girl is trembling and soft sniffles occasionally slipped out. "I'm sorry I can't protect you in this world, I shall remove your pain and let you live happily." The man kissed the girl's forehead and Tian Zhen Xin suddenly felt her cheeks wet.

Her surrounding suddenly change and she is now standing in another room with a sickly man on a bed. The pain in her chest and her tries make her hard to breath and panting heavily. She closed her mouth so that her voice won't slipped out but the sickly man that look like he is sleeping suddenly open his eyes and look at her direction.

"You have grown a lot since I last saw you.." He said softly with a warm smile, Tian Zhen Xin knees went weak and she plopped to the floor while crying, 'This voice... It's that man just now..' She look at the man on the bed with her teary eyes.

"I'm sorry I can't be a good brother for you in this world and in that world, I'm still unable to wait for you to be your brother again here." He said, which make Tian Zhen Xin cried more and slowly crawled to his side and hug him.

"Brother! How could you make me forget you!" Tian Zhen Xin wailed, she had remembered, everything, why she can't remember her childhood, and why everything felt so familiar to her.

"I'm sorry Xin'er, I failed as a brother, to you and to this world Xin'er. I can't protect and stay with both of you till the end." After he painstakingly tried to went to the modern world after being rebith here to erase her memories of him and her family with his last strength, when he got back here, he realised that the Tian Zhen Xin here also lost her memories. Which make him wonder if they were connected.

"Brother, I never blamed you, I never blamed all of you, the days with your company is the happiest of my life, how could you take that away from me! And you even use up your last strength to go back there do something stupid, you could have live longer here!" Tian Zhen Xin punched lightly at the man's chest.

The man smiled and patted her head like he always do when they were younger, Tian Zhen Xin dived into his embrace once again, even if this is a dream, she did not care anymore, the happiness that she received from her brother is the trace of her will to continued her life after her parents died in car accident and her brother was accidentally killed by a robber when he was rushing to the hospital.

Since birth, most of her life is with her brother company and not her parents as they were always busy with works. Her brother is her mother, father, brother and friend in her life, so to lost him suddenly, of course she is sad, but she didn't give up living because she wanted to cherished the good memories.

But his stupid action take it away from her, she remembered how she become emotionless and like a robot after she lost her memories, even when whe was sent to the orphanage by her aunts, she never cried and never have any feelings towards other people, she only found lights and hopes again after encountering music.

"I'm sorry Xin'er, I didn't know I would hurt you more, I'm not a good brother, I can never be a good brother to you." The man had a sad face while he stroked Tian Zhen Xin's cheek.

"You are always a brother to me, you're my family and you will always be my brother, if one day, you are rebirth in this world, and have your previous life memories, come find me!" Tian Zhen Xin said and the man just nodded while smiling. He flicked her forehead, "Thank you for letting me explain, you should go back now, I love you always, my dear sister."

"No! Brother!" She was suddenly thrown away to the air and her surrounding turn dark, when it become clear again, she was at the Golden Pond with Xiao Bao and Xiao Bing look at her worriedly. "Xin Xin! You finally awake! Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Xiao Bing fly to her and wiped her tears.

Tian Zhen Xin stared blankly before cried again, as memories of previous Tian Zhen Xin also returning and clear on display, after she is gone, the madam of the house come to her brother's room and force him to drink poison as she said he was burdening them by being sick and freeloading while not able to help the family, just like that, her brother died and soon Tian Zhen Xin which is Wan Zhen Xin previously, is thrown out and disowned by her own family which lead her to change her name.

She choose Tian as her brother liked the sky and always told her that she is like a child of the sky. Which is what her brother always told Tian Zhen Xin too when they were young. After a good 10 minutes, Tian Zhen Xin calmed down and said firmly in her heart, 'Brother, you've promised me, I'll wait for you to come and find me!'

It's a good thing the Golden Pond has healing effect, so even though she cried so much, she hydrates back immediately and her body becone energetic back. Xiao Bao and Xiao Bing are both worried but she reassure them.

"I will not let myself be weak and depends on others to protect me, I will be stronger and protect those who is dear to me." Tian Zhen Xin said firmly with a new motivation, for her newfound family and dearest friends, she will be stronger and protect them so she won't lose them again.

When she went out, it was already night and almost time for her performance, she wore a white robe, with face veil and hat veil as her iconic trademark. She went out with the Gu Zheng she brought from her house, she didn't want to show Ice Heart to others yet as it would attract flies.

Hua'er heave a sigh of relief when she saw Tian Zhen Xin, she was so worried that the time almost came and she haven't show up, which lead her to go find Tian Zhen Xin. Tian Zhen Xin nodded to Hua'er and slowly walk to the pavillion in the middle of the pond.

She settle down the Gu Zheng and started playing, the song is called 'Missing', which is a very emotional song with a strong ending, which is her mood today. Hua'er is worried with Tian Zhen Xin as she heard the song, she knew Tian Zhen Xin always expressed her emotions through songs as she didn't like to expressed her feelings with words.